Reviews Categories | Microphones | Heil PR-10 Help

Reviews Summary for Heil PR-10
Heil PR-10 Reviews: 8 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $275
Description: Heil PR-10 mike with PTT desktop stand and boom.
More info: http://www.heilsound.com/

You can write your own review of the Heil PR-10.

N2XPM Rating: 5/5 Nov 8, 2016 07:12 Send this review to a friend
Wowser  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Made some solid contacts on 40m's this morning with the Pro10. I must say, all reports received stating the audio sounded great. What a load off my mind. The Mic isn't cheap and then again if you want quality you have to breakdown and spend the extra dollars. The Mic is being used on a Kenwood TS-50. There is nothing cheap here with this microphone. Craftsmanship is outstanding, cables are of excellent quality and then some and the Microphone is top notch. I am extremely happy with my choice in purchasing this device and would highly recommend to everyone who is sitting on the fence and are not sure of purchasing. I am sure that this mic will give me many years of enjoyment with this radio and any other radio I buy in the near future. KUDOS HEIL!

N2RUB Rating: 5/5 Nov 9, 2015 06:04 Send this review to a friend
THE HEIL PR-10 IS A GREAT MIC!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The Heil PR-10 is a truly excellent Mincrophone.

I'm using this Mic with an Alinco DX-SR8, which shares the same pin out as the 8 pin Kenwood radios.

Audio reports have been excellent with this Mic, with just the right amount of highs and lows with a nice little "punch" to the audio.

I've been in touch with Bob Heil regarding this new Mic and he has been just a pleasure to talk with.

I also plan to pick up, both, the Heil hand and foot switch to use with this great Mic.

If you are currently using the Alinco Desk Mic for the the DX-SR8, in my opinion, the new Heil PR-10 is a fantastic upgrade for this radio.

Well done,Bob and thanks for getting this wonderful Microphone out for all of us to enjoy!

Rating: *****

KA5DOB Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2015 22:26 Send this review to a friend
Great Audio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I moved the mike to a scissor boom mount that's mounted on the left end of my ham table. I can swing out the boom anytime I need the mike.

I get some nice audio reports using this mike with my 590SG radio. I have the radio transmit equalizer set to HB2 for user.

K8RSC Rating: 5/5 Oct 2, 2015 13:39 Send this review to a friend
Fine audio  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I use this microphone with a Yaesu FTdx 1200 transceiver. I have set the parametric equalizer close to the recommended settings in the Heil paper "All things Yaesu." I have had nothing but positive reports on my audio.

AD4SB Rating: 5/5 Aug 17, 2015 13:02 Send this review to a friend
Thumbs Up  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I would highly recommend this mic. I have had mine for the last two weeks, and have had nothing but good audio reports. My PR-10 is connected straight to a FT-950 using the built in Parametric EQ.

W4RAA Rating: 5/5 Jun 15, 2015 01:33 Send this review to a friend
update  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Sold the ICOM 756 Pro III and picked up an ICOM IC-7800. The Heil PR-10 is great on this radio.
Nothing but complementary reports on my audio.

N7ACM Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2014 08:40 Send this review to a friend
Great Micrphone  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
So far this has been a great microphone. I have it wired to a KX3 and was easy to do. Audio reports have been positive! Would recommend!

AA9UM Rating: 5/5 Dec 12, 2014 08:44 Send this review to a friend
Great mike.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This mike looks great and gets good audio reports so far. Base lights up when xmit if you want and PTT is very handy for me. Mine is hooked up to a Kenwood TS-570D and is replacing the hand held mike that came with the radio. Looks like a smaller PR-781.