Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond AZ504FXH Black Slim Gainer Mobile 144/430 Ant Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond AZ504FXH Black Slim Gainer Mobile 144/430 Ant
Diamond AZ504FXH Black Slim Gainer Mobile 144/430 Ant Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.7/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: AZ504FXH Dualband Mobile Antenna
Specifications:
Bands: 144/440 MHz
Gain dBi: 2.15dBi (440MHz)
Max Power Rating: 50W FM (Total)
Height: 15.5"
Weight: 65g
Connector: UHF
Element Phasing: 144MHz -1/4l, 440MHz - 1/2 l
VSWR: Less than 1.5
Impedance: 50 ohms
[mfg gives no other text description]
from a major dealer:
Diamond Antenna Dual-Band Mobile Antennas AZ504FXH
Antenna, Mobile Vertical, UHF Mount, Dual-Band, 2m, 70cm, Flexible Rubber Whip, 50 W, 15.5 in.

More info: http://www.diamondantenna.net/AZ504FXH1.html

You can write your own review of the Diamond AZ504FXH Black Slim Gainer Mobile 144/430 Ant.

YELLOWLEMON Rating: 5/5 Apr 21, 2016 18:10 Send this review to a friend
Perfect and unobtrusive  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This antenna is great in that it is short and black and rubberized so it almost looks like a stock car antenna, rather than broadcasting for miles that you have expensive radios on board or making you look like an undercover police car.

And it works great, I can hit repeaters miles away with 15W mobile power in urban areas.

I got the AZ504FX version rather than AZ504FX"H" ... I compared both at the local ham store and the non-H was more flexible.

No quality issues at all. Make sure you buy genuine, avoid eBay, China, etc.

N4DXB Rating: 5/5 May 27, 2015 20:07 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna, minimal profile  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just the right size and the right look for my car. In fact, this is the third car I have installed it in. Besides the fact it is of Diamond quality, and looks so unassuming, I have no problem hitting the many repeaters here around San Diego county, CA. The low profile look makes the family happy, and almost no one bothers me asking what the antenna is for. I have used it with three different radios, and used it for D-Star as well as DMR, and handles all that I throw at it.

KD9CDF Rating: 1/5 Dec 12, 2014 16:26 Send this review to a friend
Ought Not Be Considered Flexible--easily breaks  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the Diamond AZ504FXH Black Slim Gainer because I generally like Diamond Antennas and because it was listed on the dealer site as flexible. But, there is some defect (in engineering? Manufacturing?). The antenna is weak and easily broke in my hands before it could be mounted: It ought not be considered flexible. You may wish to think twice before using it in a mobile environment. Mine broke in my hands before it could be mounted.

On the other hand, I have had excellent experience with a different Diamond Slim Gainer mobile 144/430 Antenna: The stainless steel AZ504SP. In contrast, this stainless steel version is made of quality materials with excellent engineering and also performs well.