Reviews Categories | Receive Accessories | MFJ 1026 Noise & Interference Canceler Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ 1026 Noise & Interference Canceler
MFJ 1026 Noise & Interference Canceler Reviews: 95 Average rating: 4.3/5 MSRP: $179
Description: The MFJ-1026 is designed to reduce noise or interference, or improve desired signals, before the noise affects sensitive receiver circuits.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/products.php?prodid=MFJ-1026

You can write your own review of the MFJ 1026 Noise & Interference Canceler.

K2PJW Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2014 15:34 Send this review to a friend
Amazing little box  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this unit for an electric fence RFI problem. The NB in the radio worked well but on 75M it did not quite do the job.

This does exactly what it is supposed to do. I have been having a ball playing with this little unit. It's not designed for MW but I have been using it down there to null out a 50,000 watt station so I can hear the tiny power station on the same frequency, it works beautifully!

Back to the RFI from the electric fence. I did not know if this unit would work for this situation. I put up the best external antenna for the noise antenna that I could. I set the jumper per the instruction manual. After a lot of playing around the mfj 1026 actually took the electric fence RFI from s-9 to completely away! I have to tweak the phase knob occasionally with the electric fence noise due to it's characteristics but this thing has made my life so much better.

The biggest thing is having the external noise antenna.

Another benefit of the mfj 1026 is experimenting and learning something new about antennas in phase etc.

On the inside the unit looks nice and I do not see any QC issues.

This little box is a must have for any operator that does HF.

N8NJ Rating: 5/5 Nov 1, 2014 14:35 Send this review to a friend
Good Device  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I was concerned about an MFJ purchase but after a new neighbor moved in and brought their Plasma TV with them I decided to take a chance.
The inside and outside appearance was good and so was my first experience using it. I use a random wire tuned with a remote tuner for the second antenna and once tuned to the band I need to clear up it does it's job.

G4AYU Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2014 06:40 Send this review to a friend
Just as it say on the Tin  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I must admit that I was a little bit sceptical about how this unit would perform, but it is great.
My S9 noise is gone. I pu up a random wire for the noise antenna. My main antena is the MA5B.
It's been said before but a word of advice..read the manual before using the unit and you won't go wrong.

W6AAJ Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2014 21:50 Send this review to a friend
WOW am I Happy!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I agree with the others before me. Use a real antenna that also hears the noise. I most strongly recommend that you watch the videos on Utube before you start then read the manual. As for results, I also regained 80 and 40 meters that were nothing but BUZZ. Now I have clear copy. It's absolutely amazing how this nulls out noise. Be patient with your knob fiddling as the sweet spot is VERY elusive at times (sharp tuning) FYI,
I am using a 51 foot wire antenna fed with a 9:1 unum and rg8x for my noise receive antenna. Questions? Find my e-mail on QRZ.

G4RNI Rating: 5/5 Feb 7, 2014 10:10 Send this review to a friend
FANTASTIC  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
RTB, RTB, RTB: READ THE BOOK !!!

If you think you're gonna plug this in and it will magically make all your QRM/N problems go away, you are sadly mistaken.
Read the book however and it can virtually eliminate a noise source. Mine almost completely removes the S9+20dB plasma TV buzz from my neighbour's new one eyed monster. It makes the difference between running the noise blanker flat out or having it tick over, thereby helping preserve the dynamic range of my IC-7700.

It's NOT a noise filter, it's a phasing unit. You need the interference to be received on both your main aerial and a noise aerial. The whip may do but probably won't. Put up a wire aerial for noise but that's all in the book.

Final advice: Don't expect it to be something it is not. It does EXACTLY what it says in the instructions. IF IT DOESN'T WORK FOR YOU, YOU ARE DOING SOMETHING WRONG. READ THE BOOK !

VK3TEX Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2014 23:19 Send this review to a friend
Excellent device!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Unit works very, well, I was able to completely remove noise and hear weak buried signals! No more listening fatigue, all gone!
Spectacular results!
Workmanship quality on mine is excellent.
If you suffer from local interference you need one of these. Once set up properly, with a good auxiliary antenna , the unit shines!!
This type of circuitry should come as standard on high end HF transceivers. Does a FAR better job of noise reduction than ANY fancy IF noise DSP reduction ! And that's a FACT! True, you try it! You will see...
Thanks MFJ, for a fine product at a great price, it has saved the 40 and 80 meter bands for me!!
Cheers, Les VK3TEX.

N0GBR Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2014 14:27 Send this review to a friend
Proper antennas for MFJ-1026  Time owned: more than 12 months
Even for non-local noise it works. The key is having a second receive antenna that also "hears" the noise. I agree, toss the little whip or better yet buy the unit sans whip (MFJ 1025). The noise does not need to be as strong, just audible.

ZL1LK Rating: 5/5 Jan 11, 2014 02:49 Send this review to a friend
OUTSTANDING!!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Wow! My MFJ-1026 is amazing. It took me just two evening fiddling the knobs to understand how to use it. Also read the manual… IT WORKS!!!.
I have always had high noise levels from the low bands up to 20 meters. I run my radios from large batteries. One day while using 80 meters with a noise level of S8 (which is normal for me) we had a power outage which my noise level dropped down to S1. This made me realise that S9 was not normal so I bought a MFJ-1026. I can now drop my noise level on 80 meters to an S3, not quite an S1 but I’m still happy with that result. But on 40 meters with an S8 noise level, most of the time I can maintain S0-S1 which at first I thought it was just detuning the front end of my radio until tuning around and hearing S9+20db signals and also hearing week station across the whole band.
The supplied auxiliary whip antenna needs to go! I am using about 30 meters of standard electrical wire running along the length of my wooden fence pushed in to the auxiliary SO239 socket.
If you can’t tune out that noise, read the manual again and again… and if that still doesn’t do the job, then the noise is not local and probably everyone on the band is hearing that same noise.

I’m going to buy another one of these units and put it away as backup.

73 de ZL1LK Roy

MM0IMC Rating: 3/5 Sep 1, 2013 14:38 Send this review to a friend
Better than first thought!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
It works quite well on 40m and the lower bands, getting rid of the dreadful plasma TV QRM and various neighbours switch mode phone chargers.

I've still to get it to work properly on 20m.

All-in-all, most of the problems I've had have been from operator error. :(

WD9DUI Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2013 16:37 Send this review to a friend
Does the Job, works fine  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have the MFJ 1025, I obtained it due to a new TV in the house which was not my doing. Yes it is Plasma, it takes out most signals and puts out noise across the bands. I had to do something, from the reviews it looked like this product would do the trick. I would say that it has taken out about 95% of the noise and has made my life enjoyable once again on HF. If you are thinking of getting one make sure you do the reading and understand how it works. It takes a while to adjust out the interference. I use it with my MFJ 9040 qrp rig and the IC718.