Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | JK ANTENNAS JK QUATTRO Help

Reviews Summary for JK ANTENNAS JK QUATTRO
JK ANTENNAS JK QUATTRO Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $1,350
Description: 4 Elements on 10M, 2 Element on 12M, 4 Elements on 15M, 3 Elements on 17M 30 Foot Boom
More info: http://www.jkantennas.com/jkquattro.html

You can write your own review of the JK ANTENNAS JK QUATTRO.

RFEXPERT Rating: 5/5 Oct 30, 2015 01:35 Send this review to a friend
Excellent performance  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After being stuck on 20 meters with a long boom 6 element monobander, I wanted to spread my wings onto the other bands. I owned a Tennadyne T12 log periodic. This antenna has been unreliable with failing elements in ice and wind storms. I decided to replace the T12 with the Quattro. It was a excellent choice. In every comparison test the JK Quattro beat the pants off the T12 log. Highly recommended.

As the sunspot cycle slides, I hope JK antennas will one day produce a 20,17 and 15 meter long boom design. That would be 5 elements on 20, 6 on 17 and 7 on 15. Or even more elements for 50ft stack spacing. I could then stack these on a 200 ft tower with the ideal 50 ft spacing and get excellent bang for the dollar. A 40,30,20,17 and 15 would also be a neat possibility. I was going to do this with Steppir antennas but decided against this idea because of poor reliability of my 4 element Steppir antenna.

You wont make a mistake buying the Quattro

WT8V Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2015 09:35 Send this review to a friend
Best Performing Multi-Band Antenna on the market  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I purchased the Quattro to replace the Mosley Pro 67B I purchased new and have had up for 4-years. The reason for switching my multi-band antenna is based on my experience with the JK 404 Grande antenna performance. The Mosley was/is a good antenna but as with everything in life technology makes things better and based on the Grande performance I had to give the Quattro a try.

The Quattro far exceeded my expectations and made a vast improvement over my Mosley. The reduction in noise floor averages 2 S-units on all bands, the front to back/side ratio is substantially more and the gain figures are real numbers.

Now down to the nuts and bolts, literally. Having assembled and installed many, many antennas I have yet to see any other antenna manufacturer use the quality of clamps, bolts and aluminum that JK Antennas use. The instructions are well laid out and having the owner a phone call away makes it very nice during assembly if a question should arise.

Having learned a hard lesson regarding baluns, make sure you order your baluns from JK that match his antennas, performance and SWR curves are effected by inferior baluns.

This is a great antenna, I wish I had it 4-years ago. If your looking for a high performance, well built antenna, this is it, you will be impressed.

W0RIC Rating: 5/5 Dec 14, 2014 11:31 Send this review to a friend
4 BANDS on 1 BOOM!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
4 bands on 1 long boom! What more needs to be said? Well, I will say that having all these bands on 1 boom is an awesome experience.

Ken, W3JK said it would be a killer antenna and it sure is.

Flat SWR on all 4 bands. A nice F/B and so far has been a 1-call antenna.

Initial test on 10 meters, with over 750 contacts, proved to be fantastic. 99% of all calls made on the first call.

If your looking for 10/12/15/17 on a single boom, this is the antenna for you.

See you in the pile-ups!