Reviews Categories | Speakers for communications use | Yaesu MLS-200 Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu MLS-200
Yaesu MLS-200 Reviews: 6 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $39,00
Description: High performance communications speaker,max. power 12 W,Impedance 4 Ohm,speaker plug 3,5 mm standard,speaker cable length 10'
More info: http://www.yaesu.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=179_219&products_id=1142

You can write your own review of the Yaesu MLS-200.

KB6HRT Rating: 5/5 Nov 17, 2017 20:42 Send this review to a friend
Works Wonderful  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Was using a MLS-100 on my Yaesu FT991A, picked up another FT950 with a DMU tried the FT950 with the MLS-100 I was using on the FT991A. The MLS-100 works wonderful on the FT950 a very good match for sure. Was going to get another MLS-100 for the FT991A but did not have the room after I moved the FT991A an adding the FT950 in my small shack. The MLS-200 is smaller an fits right next to the FT991A, when I tried to hookup the MLS-200 it would not work with the connector that came on the MLS-200 added an adapter to hear how it sounded, sounds even better on the FT991A to my ear, added a new cable with the correct plug, it sound excelent better than the the MLS-100 did on the FT991A, seems like Yaesu has upgraded its extension speaker line matching there radios better to my ears. The MLS-200 is a nice extension speaker for the FT991A using it as base radio with neat results. Thanks Yaesu ...............kb6hrt

M0SAZ Rating: 5/5 Aug 8, 2017 15:17 Send this review to a friend
For small shack its like a big speaker  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have used this on a FT-7900 and on various HF sets. The speaker they use and the really thick, heavy plastic enclosure makes for a big sound.

You think you need a huge external speaker full of air? Not so, this is a wonder speaker as far as I am concerned. Yaesu's little secret.

Try one, it will enhance any internal speaker on any modern rig I am sure of it.

M0SHZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 13, 2017 12:46 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Speaker  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for a speaker to compliment my FTM400 XDE, I did look at others and went with the intentions of getting the MLS100 as the availability of the 200 was a little difficult to get hold of, however when I arrived at my local radio shop they had just took delivery of the MLS200 speakers and I was advised to go with the 200 instead of the 100, I am so glad I made this choice it's a nice compact speaker but don't be put off by the size of this baby, the sound quality is second to none it's clear and adds just the right amount of tone so it's very pleasing on the ear, weather it's for mobile use or like me in the shack this thing delivers, so if you are looking to get a compact speaker with big speaker performance I would definitely recommend the Yaesu MLS200

2E0WDJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 5, 2016 12:55 Send this review to a friend
small extension speaker  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I was looking for a good speaker to couple to my FT857 for the car.
I have tried many of the small 10-15 speakers and some famous (3 letter) noise cancelling types.
I was very pleased with how well this small speaker performs.
It also has an excellent and strong mounting braket arrangement.
I positioned it on the transmission tunnel between the two seats at the back of the centre consol.

W1REN Rating: 5/5 May 5, 2016 17:10 Send this review to a friend
Small Package - Big Surprise!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Traded my coveted but getting long in the tooth 07 Ford Sport Trac for a loaded 2011 Nissan Frontier. Had to of course completely re-think install of FT-7900. I'm pretty picky about install neatness and everything being mounted properly and all wires being run neatly. Also thought this a good opportunity to replace my weathered antenna mag-mount, and upgrade my old and awkward GE mobile speaker to a smaller and more modern variety. Besides, the old GE brick was simply not going to fit in my preferred location in the new Frontier - that being on the riser between the front and rear doors just behind my left ear. (This Frontier, like my Sport Trac - is a crew cab with 4 doors and a "real" back seat). I ordered the MLS-200 from my local HRO hoping it would be just the ticket. By jeeze - it is! Fits very nicely in "that" spot and more importantly, it sounds absolutely terrific. This little fella has a very solid feel in your hand as well as audio quality that defies it's smaller size. I may order another for shack duty!
In any case, a definite upgrade to the 'ol GE brick speaker that until now - I "thought" sounded good enough for the truck. It seems that I didn't know what I was missing all these years.

This is no "typical" small speaker. Do not hesitate to purchase should it be on your list of things to get "someday". Get it now, and see what your missing!

Ren
(W1REN)

DJ5TX Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2014 07:38 Send this review to a friend
outstanding audio !  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This 3" diameter speaker is really sounding great outperforming many of it's larger competitors.
Very clear voice responce with low's and height's,thick high quality speaker cable,small size, not only for mobile but also for a small shack.