Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Diamond AZ504SP VHF/UHF Mobile Antenna with Spring and UHF Mount Help

Reviews Summary for Diamond AZ504SP VHF/UHF Mobile Antenna with Spring and UHF Mount
Diamond AZ504SP VHF/UHF Mobile Antenna with Spring and UHF Mount Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $39.95
Description: Description from manufacturer:
AZ504SP Dualband w/ Spring Mobile Antenna

Specifications:
Bands: 144/440 MHz
Gain dBi: 2.15dBi (440MHz)
Max Power Rating: 50W FM (Total)
Height: 15.5"
Weight: 80g
Mount: UHF
Element Phasing: 144MHz -1/4l, 440MHz - 1/2 l
VSWR: Less than 1.5
Impedance: 50 ohms
Description from a major dealer:
Antenna, Mobile Vertical, UHF Mount, Dual-Band, 2m, 70cm, SS Whip and Spring, 50 W, 15.5 in.
More info: http://www.diamondantenna.net/az504sp.html

You can write your own review of the Diamond AZ504SP VHF/UHF Mobile Antenna with Spring and UHF Mount.

KD9CDF Rating: 5/5 Dec 18, 2014 16:54 Send this review to a friend
Excellent performance and top quality fit-finish  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Pros:
This antenna produces great results for me on my NMO mount (chrome) adapter mounted on my SUV roof. As expected, out of the box, <=1.5:1 SWR on both supported bands. I am very happy with the results. And, it looks very good.

Cons: (minor)
The spring is too stiff in my opinion. Though very high speed travel with strong head winds would definitely not bend the whip much, if at all, it also would not bend the spring (I thinks that's a good thing). However, the whip needs to "give" (bend) too much before the spring will budge.

On balance, I would strongly recommend this antenna (and send my "cons" section to Diamond R&D).