Reviews Categories | Feedlines (coax, ladder-line, etc.) | Shireen RFC-400 Coax Help

Reviews Summary for Shireen RFC-400 Coax
Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Flexible Mil-spec RFC-400 coax

You can write your own review of the Shireen RFC-400 Coax.

K4QET Rating: 4/5 Feb 13, 2017 09:08 Send this review to a friend
Beware purchased with connectors; tip comes unsoldered  Time owned: more than 12 months
Just a note about purchased lengths with PL259 connectors from ebay--About 60% of the time the center connector eventually (year or two) comes open inside the plug somehow. Usually just reheating and feeding solder in to the tip fixes it.

KC9ZHR Rating: 5/5 Nov 28, 2015 01:48 Send this review to a friend
best coax on a budget hands down  Time owned: more than 12 months
this is the best buy out there!....only downside is really need to buy the spool to make it worth it.

I would not use it for portable/field day etc because the aluminum core is fragile. Not a deal breaker at all you just have to use some care. The spec sheet says the minimum bending radius is 26mm but I try to keep the radius at 10" or more. If you bend the cable several times in the same place the core can break(just use common sense).

That said I am going to buy some more to redo all my cable runs in the spring. We even ran a few repeaters on this for a time and it did fine.

The only real "problem" I have ever had with it is that the diameters in a few places are just slightly different than lmr400 in that I had some traditional N connectors that would not grip the outside quite tight enough (every normal pl-259 I have used has been fine). I also found some N connectors at a hamfest that were for lmr400 but screwed onto the cable just like a pl259 but the core is just a hair larger than TM LMR and it would not fit in the center portion to be soldered(and you cant shave any off because its copper clad over alluminum).

Just a few quirks but its still worth it. GOOD STUFF.

NQ4T Rating: 5/5 Jun 18, 2015 01:20 Send this review to a friend
Excellent coax  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Bought 50 ft of this at $.50/ft when I built my first station. Good thick coax that was easy to strip. While I can't measure the actual losses, the improvement in hitting repeaters says more power is making it to my antenna.

It's awesome coax at an awesome price!

AB3CN Rating: 5/5 Feb 20, 2015 08:15 Send this review to a friend
Very happy with it  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought 500 feet spool two years ago and replaced my aging (10 year old) coax on four of my outdoor antennas. This coax works well for me. I would buy another spool if I needed it.

AC4R Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2014 05:55 Send this review to a friend
Great Coax  Time owned: months
Bought a 500 ft. roll for $250.00 which included shipping. Coax is flexible and easy to work with . I am feeding 3 antennas with it and have had no problems.