Reviews Categories | Electron Tubes | 572B RF PARTS Help

Reviews Summary for 572B RF PARTS
572B RF PARTS Reviews: 10 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $69.95
Description: A new 572B Tube from RF PARTS

You can write your own review of the 572B RF PARTS.

WA8NSS Rating: 1/5 Nov 3, 2017 19:04 Send this review to a friend
Poor quality!  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
If your looking for tubes that start going soft within 25 hours these are just for you!! I went through two sets of these from rf parts within 8 months before they finally decided to give me a full refund minus shipping costs x 3. My sb 201 has been completely refurbished incuding new suppressors ps board and fan kit. Filiment voltage checked good also as if it runs high due to todays higher line voltage it will shorten tube life! I am very careful never to exceed 600 watts out and keep key down tune up time to 10 seconds or less.. i put my old mismatched cetron/ raytheon tubes back in late 2016 and amp running fine with no output loss which rules out operater error or amp malfunction! Only two factories in china manufacture new 572b tubes no matter who you buy them from so my advise is put a lot of hours on them until you know they are going to hold output power! At least i got most of my money back so i rate them a 1!!

WH6DXW Rating: 2/5 Apr 13, 2017 00:33 Send this review to a friend
went soft within one year  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought a quad set of 572b matched tubes from RF parts, the ones with the white porcelain bases and gold plated pins. They look very nice and build quality is ok. Too bad they went soft so fast! In my AL-572 amp when first installed I was getting 1300 watts out easy. then a few months later I noticed that when I put 100 watts drive in I was only getting around 1050 watts out. last month I was only getting around 850-900 watts out. replaced them with a quad matched set from Richardson's electronics out of Chicago Illinois, problem solved! Back up to 1250-1300 watts out.
Plus they were only $75.00 a piece I just got a quote from them for another quad matched set to put aside for a spare set at the same price as two years ago!

KC4SW Rating: 5/5 Jul 1, 2016 10:27 Send this review to a friend
Good tubes AND Customer Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I went on the waiting list for the RF Parts (Taylor Tubes) version of the 572B. When I got the call to telling me they were "in" I was busy and I mentioned I'd call back. Well CRS set in and I forgot, no problem the next morning RF Parts called me again and we completed the order for a matched quad.

The tube came in VERY well packaged and looking very nice. By feel they were certainly better built. With respect to some of the other reviews the cosmetics were good and consistent from tube to tube. In the amplifier (Heathkit SB200) they perform well with 500Watts on 80-40-20 with 15-10 to be tested. I have not yet taken data to look at efficiency/gain, but "glance" data seems to indicate they work well with good gain.

ALL in ALL Excellent Customer Service and a good product

WB9GKZ Rating: 4/5 Mar 9, 2016 05:52 Send this review to a friend
Perform Well  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received a matched quad of RF Parts branded 572B tubes in December 2015. These are the tubes with the white bases and gold pins. I installed them in my Ameritron AL-811H amplifier, replacing the original 811A tubes. Like others, I was looking to "ruggedize" the amplifier by substituting the original tubes with something a bit higher in plate dissapation. The new quad of tubes performed very well on all bands, providing about 725-850 watts PEP output on all bands.

I bypassed the amplifier's interlock (be careful) and looked at the new tubes with the filaments lit. I noticed that one tube of the four was glowing dimmer than the other three. Upon further inspection, after pulling all four tubes, I noticed that the "dimmer" tube had a smoky tinge to the glass, inside the tube. Thus, it looked dimmer than the other three.

I contacted RF Parts about this and they seemed concerned about this. RF Parts issued me a UPS return label (by email). I returned all four tubes. RF Parts then contacted me and told me that they would like to send me one replacement tube, along with my original three, in an effort to replace the smoky looking tube. They matched the replacement to my original three tubes and sent them back to me, pre-paid UPS. The whole process was painless and Merit at RF Parts went the extra mile to insure I was a happy customer.

After receiving my second shipment of tubes, I inserted them back into the AL-811H and tested them. They performed the same as before. I'm happy to get an average of about 800 watts PEP out of the amplifier. I use an Autek WM-1 wattmeter and have the AL-811H connected to a stiff 125 Volt 20-amp AC outlet in the shack. Drive power is 100 Watts using an Icom 756 PRO. No issues or adjustments were made to the amplifier's neutralization after replacing the 811A's with the 572B's.

The only negative thing I can bring forward about these tubes is the physical fit and finish. The tubes I received look a bit sloppy compared to other 572B's I have used in the past like Cetron's and Svetlana's. My tubes have small splashes of glue stuck on the glass envelope. The internal components of the tubes look a bit crooked. No two tubes really look alike since (according to RF Parts) they are handmade rather than being cranked out mechanically on a production line. RF Parts includes a notice along with my shipment stating that "there will be cosmetic differences from one to the other". Indeed there is. I wish that they would post this notice on their website so you would know this up front before ordering.

Overall I am satisfied with the tubes. This tube would get a "5" on this review if my tubes looked as pretty as the one pictured on RF Parts's website. I also must compliment RF Parts for being persistent in their effort to produce a decent 572B sourced from China. I bet their journey to get a 572B up to their standards was not easy. These are great performing tubes.

KX5JT Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2016 13:08 Send this review to a friend
So far these seem like Cetrons  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered a quad of the new 572B's. As mentioned before, these are well built and comparable visually to the Cetrons. Time will tell but they seem to be really solid and I would not hesitate to get some if you have an amp and need the 572B's. They are definitely in a class well above the previous Chinese 572B's of the last couple decades.

W7EKB Rating: 5/5 Jul 21, 2015 17:11 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received my long-awaited RF Parts' 527Bs today. To say I am impressed with their construction and how well packed they were is an understatement. The tubes are simply beautiful, well-constructed, everything is lined up properly, the silk-screening on them is gorgeous and the glass looks magnificent.

The solid ceramic bases with the gold-plated pins is really special.

The tubes look as though they are a bit shorter than the original 572Bs, but this is not a bad thing at all, since the internal leads in the originals were always a bit too long.

Thank you, RF Parts. I'll be buying a second pair as soon as they become available.

AB0RJ Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2015 17:24 Send this review to a friend
6 months later  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Six months later and the tubes are still working like new. The output is still like day one.
I have put these tubes through the test.
Long winded QSOs & OM tune ups.
My shack is not climate controlled.
So they get fired up if it is ten or hundred degrees. Not one hiccup.
Thanks to RF Parts for a great product.

KA0ADZ Rating: 5/5 May 22, 2015 12:15 Send this review to a friend
great product, great support  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought four 572B tubes for my Dentron Clipperton L and they work great giving full power when wanted though I normally run them at about 800 W.I had previously bought on-line some Chinese tubes that went soft within 6 months When buying the RF Parts tubes I first had some questions about the tube height as Cetron tubes are too tall to fit. I got great support--they measured the tube height and got back to me right away. A great product and great support.

KJ4WS Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2015 21:31 Send this review to a friend
Great Tubes Less Drive  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I was lucky enough to get one of the first sets of these new tubes. The white porcelain base and gold plated pins, impressed me from straight out of the box. When we got them installed into the SB-200 Heathkit, we were really impressed. With only 45 to 50 watts of Drive, The old SB-200 was making 600 Watts output. Merit, at RF Parts had advised me that these tubes don't need as much Driver Power as the current tubes floating around. And since we own a pair of the 572B CETRON Brand tubes. ( Best of the Best ) We compared the way these and the CETRONS are built. From my inspection, the RF Parts 572B and the CETRON 572B look exactly alike. ( except for the sturdy porcelain base and gold plated pins on the RF Parts tube ) I believe that RF Parts has got it correct in dumping their other manufacturer and going with these tubes. Since mid December of 2014, these new tubes have worked flawlessly. We have hit them by mistake with 125 Watts from the Yaesu FT-101 a couple of times. The only thing you will see different is the Watt Meter swing WAY OVER to the RIGHT. But for lifelong use. We will never run these over about 600 Watts on SSB. Merit, suggested a maximum of 300 Watts per tube to insure long life. So, we will follow his suggestion. 73 to All de Wade/KJ4WS

AB0RJ Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2014 18:20 Send this review to a friend
New 572Bs are here from RF PARTS  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been testing the new 572Bs from RF parts.
My first impression out of the box was WOW.
The tubes look great. Very nice quality construction.
The bases are white ceramic with gold plated pins!
Beautiful glass & the caps are centered & tight.
I installed them into an AL-572 amp. I am happy to say that these tubes out preform any 572bs that I have used before, by a few hundred watts..My AL-572 amp now easily does 1300+ on SSB.