Reviews Categories | Interfaces, Radio to computer, amp, rotor, coax switch, internet | HRI-200 Help

Reviews Summary for HRI-200
HRI-200 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $$125
Description: HIGH PERFORMANCE DIGITAL AND ANALOG INTERNET LINKING.
The Yaesu WIRES-X HRI-200 (Wide-coverage Internet
Repeater Enhancement System) enables Internet to RF
communications that expands the range of amateur radio
using internet enabled Voice-over-IP technology. With
WIRES-X, an amateur node station connected to the
Internet and Interfaced to the WIRES-X HRI-200 unit can
communicate using VoIP over long distances reliably with
ease.
More info: http://www.yaesu.com/indexVS.cfm?cmd=DisplayProducts&ProdCatID=108&encProdID=1D23D01F7B34D76072988D9857AA1A7C&DivisionID=65&isArchived=0

You can write your own review of the HRI-200.

VK3MJA Rating: 5/5 Sep 3, 2017 03:47 Send this review to a friend
Flawless  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This interface took me almost 3 weeks to work it out. The challenge for me was how to allow it in my router, but after I worked it out it is perfect! I used this interface with my Yaesu FT-400 XDR and it works flawless. This interface even works with FT-8900 and FT-2900R.

KC0VOE Rating: 0/5 Jan 15, 2016 16:34 Send this review to a friend
Failure   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The wires x servers need to be handed over to amateurs. Yeasu should not be running this system. There are problems with the system. Messaging sometimes works, sometimes sends the same message multiple times. Everything is intermittent. I was surprised you have to take it apart and flip a switch to update the firmware. It reminded me of the 1990s. Windows only software is a disaster. Nodes won't run for more than a few days before the software hangs up. This is a digital system, We should be able to type in someone's call sign and have it tell us what room she is In. It should be able to tell us who is currently in a room, all right on your radio. Fusion is turning out to be a disappointing experiment.

WD0FIA Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2014 18:21 Send this review to a friend
WIRES-X  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
So far I can find nothing to complain about. Hardware and software is easy to setup, all cables are included. Audio is great, it works reliably. Everything was Plug and Play, even the ports on my router were fully configured by the software!