Reviews Categories | Headphones & Boom-mic Headsets | Heil Pro7 Help

Reviews Summary for Heil Pro7
Heil Pro7 Reviews: 53 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $289.00
Description: The Pro 7 offers a feature set that compliments the Heil Sound standard for headset design. Unlike copies of various aviation type headsets, the PRO 7 is not a copy.
More info: http://www.heilsound.com

You can write your own review of the Heil Pro7.

N6JS Rating: 5/5 May 24, 2017 19:12 Send this review to a friend
Best Headset I've had  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've owned several Heil headsets in the past. The pro-7 is by far the best Heil headset that I have owned. I run a PR40 mic on my Yaesu, and with the Pro-7, I didn't have to change a single setting, and most of the guys didn't even notice that I had changed microphone. Bob has really knocked it out of the park with this one. I would strongly suggest, if you are looking for a reliable and great sounding headset, look to the Pro-7.

KB6DYA Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2017 22:51 Send this review to a friend
Great Audio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought a Heil Pro7 headset with the IC mic and cable,I feed this in to a Icom 7300 I set the radio EQ. Bass at a -3 Trebble at a +3 I get outstanding audio reports. The staff at Heil sound were very helpful. note: watch your mic settings so the alc stays correct. You will not have any trouble driving the radio.

KE8EC Rating: 5/5 Mar 10, 2017 09:31 Send this review to a friend
Better Than Expected  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I researched several types and brands before selecting the Heil Pro 7 headset. When I unpacked them, I was very pleased with the overall quality of the build. In putting them on and adjusting them, wow, these are the quietest, noise abating headphones I've heard in a long time. Very comfortable earpieces. I also received good audio reports when used on my Ten Tec gear. The set was ready to go, just plug and play. I had a question about these and emailed Heil, receiving a very quick response. The phasing change with the switch has to be heard to be believed! Hard to describe but the difference when trying to pull out a faint station, well it is very good.

K5EF Rating: 5/5 Feb 10, 2017 14:51 Send this review to a friend
Best Headset I've Ever Used  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I never use earphones since, as a pre-Novice kid, all I had were the el-cheapo type one got with a Hallicrafters S-120. Your head felt like it was in a vice and one’s ears would go numb after 20 minutes. That said, at last July’s W9DYV Boatanchor Event in Tennessee, I was immediately drawn to Bob’s ultra-cool looking Pro-7s (the red one looks as sharp as Bob’s W0YVA's Ferraris). Put one on and was just blown away! It was unbelievably comfortable and all the outside noise was virtually gone. With eyes closed, signals sounded like they were ten feet tall…yet were barely moving the S-meter.

Apparently, my XYL Elizabeth saw how enthralled I was (particularly since I couldn’t stop talking about the Pro-7) that she got me a set for Christmas…..which means my XYL will be attending far more hamfests and swapmeets in the Future!

OMs, I don’t know what type headset you have now, but if it isn’t a Pro-7 sell whatever it is at a hamfest and GET a Pro-7!

WA2AXO Rating: 5/5 Jan 30, 2017 07:26 Send this review to a friend
Pro7 Great cans  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
WOW, Let me tell you that ssb has opened up an new area because of the PRO7.
Great quality and fine audio. Thank you for your divine engineering.

Paul WA2AXO

KK6W Rating: 5/5 Jan 3, 2017 00:38 Send this review to a friend
Superb!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I'm 59 years old and my hearing has declined dramatically over the last several years (age loss, tinnitus, inability to concentrate or understand conversation when there's background noise). I'm new to ham and I was very excited at first about this great hobby. However, my enthusiasm had waned due to my struggle to hear and understand audio over either the built-in or external speaker on my Yaesu FTDX1200.

So, I wasted a fair amount of time and money experimenting with several less expensive headsets. They helped, marginally, but not as much as I expected them to. They were either uncomfortable, lacked decent audio clarity (which I really need), or didn't adequately isolate distracting noises (fans, phones, people moving about, etc.) Desperate for a solution, I finally took the plunge and purchased the Heil Pro 7...WOW!

After using them the very first time, I knew that I should've followed my initial instinct and purchased them in the beginning. They are perfect for me in every way and include the following positive attributes:

1. Fantastic audio clarity.
2. Phase switch - puts the audio right in the "middle" of my head, where I can understand it better.
3. Great noise isolation.
4. Super comfortable!
5. Top notch build quality. I don't think they could be built any better.
6. Complete - everything needed was in the box, plus several optional cords, adapters, etc.
7. Actual tech support. I asked Heil Sound a question via their email link on their website. Bob Heil himself answered me less than 2 hours later!

I can't come up with anything negative to say. Some might criticize their price, but believe me, they are worth every penny.

EA8KW Rating: 5/5 Nov 6, 2016 09:25 Send this review to a friend
GREAT headset!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been using this headset for a month. I have to say it's a great headset. The audio this mic produces is awesome, so natural and full bodied, receiving a lot of audio compliments.
Headphones sounds very good but what impress me more is its ability to isolate you from any noise. You have to get used to this using it a few days because the first days you will feel something strange, like if you were in an empty space.
Anyway a well rounded product, very robust and seems very durable. Without hesitation this is one of the best headsets for HAM radio out there.
Thanks Mr. Bob Heil for this awesome product!.

W6HDG Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2016 18:48 Send this review to a friend
Highly Recommended  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've been using this headset for 1 year and am extremely pleased with my purchase. The price is quite reasonable for a high end headset like this. The passive noise cancellation is superb and Bob Heil's phase switch and balance control are very useful. The headset is quite comfortable too.

The mic boom is flexible yet sturdy and my audio reports are always excellent. It was easy to dial in the EQ for very effective DX use on my FTdx3000.

Thanks to Bob for another great Heil product.

Howard W6HDG

KB3H Rating: 5/5 Sep 29, 2016 20:00 Send this review to a friend
"Acoustic Alchemy"  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I went back-and-forth on the want/need of this purchase. It has ended up being the single best investment I've made in the shack in many years. Very comfortable, and I have come to relish the 26 dB PNR outside noise reduction with the gel filled foam ear seals. Truly allows me to escape and immerse myself in "radio-land". Full stereo dual watch with Heil phase reversal is not only an acoustic pleasure, but really helps in pulling signals out of the 'QRM ether".

Thank You Bob Heil!

N6FFC Rating: 5/5 Jul 28, 2016 17:25 Send this review to a friend
GREAT Headset  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I also have had Several Headsets since being licensed in 1994, and was Extremely Impressed with the New Pro-7 Headset that I purchased in June. I currently have it paired with a "New" ICOM ProIII that had less than 40 hours of running time of use on it, The Pro-7's are nothing short of Amazing! The headset is a "Little" bit heavier than my Last Headset, However, once I got used to the Differebnce in Weight, and the Exceptiobnall Perforance if the Headset, Both the Earphones And the Great Microphone, elements, which I am getting "Excellent Audio Ol'Man" from stations that I couldn't even Hear with my old Rig and an Older ICOM 730 circa 1985...What a Difference the New Rig And headphones have made in My Making Contacts!
Kudos to Bob Heil and the Amazing People in His Employ!
These Headsets are a "Game Changer" when it comes to anyone looking for a "New" Headsets!