Reviews Categories | Microphones | Heil LB-1R Help

Reviews Summary for Heil LB-1R
Heil LB-1R Reviews: 2 Average rating: 3.5/5 MSRP: $$98.95 Retail
Description: Heil Sound's LB-1R Microphone Base Stands are wild! They are red and have a Heil Sound logo that is illuminated by LEDs on Push-To-Talk. The LEDs can be lit up in three different ways depending on your requirements.
More info: http://www.heilsound.com

You can write your own review of the Heil LB-1R.

N4QT Rating: 3/5 Jan 14, 2015 07:40 Send this review to a friend
well made but to short!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
As with all Heil products its well made. But stand is to short. This stand will kill my bad back leaning over to get to my Heil PR781 mike. I have a wind screen on my PR781 and close talk the mike keeping the ALC mid range on my new Yaesu FTdx3000D. Unless Heil comes up with a modification to improve vertical height or I can figure out a solution to the mike height issue I will spend most of my ham radio time using my Heil boomset the pro elite version.

KC5LVW Rating: 4/5 Dec 30, 2014 06:10 Send this review to a friend
Better  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received a Heil LB-1R for Christmas from the XYL & have been working with it over the holidays. Out of the box impression was "better" than the last stand he offered. Improvements noted, he has moved the PTT out to the back of the base vice the side. The PTT has been upgraded to more robust switch with heavier spring return & obviously physically bigger. A couple scratch my head notes, there is a switch to turn on the LED lighting for PTT action or "on" all the time & of course "off". LEDs run off two "AA" batteries installed on bottom, no rig power. Base looks very similar cosmetically to the Yaesu MD-100 base series but a lot heavier. Some may notice a lot of mechanical switch noise on the PTT like the sound of an old Kenwood MC-50 switch makes. You'll need to find a "sweet spot" for quiet PTT operation. The mic stand should have been a couple of inches taller, IMO. If you like to be within 2-4 inches of the mic, you're going to have to bend over a wee bit. I cut off a standard 12" goose neck boom midway & extended the mic stand & it provides better angle flexibility. Would have been nice if the cable to the radio could have been integral to the base so that there was only one cable & rig power could have been used for the LEDs if wanted. Maybe next time. BTW, who ever decided that the "red" Bob is using is red needs a color test. Seems to have a wee bit of Orange mixed in it.