Reviews Categories | Specialized Amateur Communication Products | Pan Adapter MyPanAdapter.com Help

Reviews Summary for Pan Adapter MyPanAdapter.com
Pan Adapter MyPanAdapter.com Reviews: 28 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $70
Description: http://mypanadapter.com/

Panadapter/Band Scope

What is a Panadapter? A Panadapter is short for Panoramic Adapter. The simple answer is that it allows us to see a panoramic display of the band our radio is tuned to...We can see every signal over the entire band.

Most SDR (Software Defined Radio) Panadapters display less than 200 kHz of bandwidth because they rely on the sound card. My Panadapter system does not use the sound card and can display as much as 3 MHz if you choose, and you can change that to suit your needs as easily as sliding a slider in the software. You can see the whole band.

Often Asked Questions

Q. Do I need to buy anything else?
A. No, my system is complete and come with everything you need.

Q. What if I need help?
A. I am an email away. And if necessary, I can talk you through every step on the phone.

Q. Will I lose any functionality?
A. You will lose no functions. Your radio will work just as it always has.

Q. Are changes reversible?
A. Changes are easily reversible

Q. Do I need to solder anything to my board?
A. Everything plugs in. There is no need to modify your rig*.

Radios currently supported: FT-920, FT-950, FT-1000D (not MP), IC-756ProII,III, TS-480SAT/HX (kits cost from $65 to $70)
More info: http://mypanadapter.com/

You can write your own review of the Pan Adapter MyPanAdapter.com.

W6GDK Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2015 10:41 Send this review to a friend
Addictive  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have an FT-2000D with the DMU-2000. I bought the DMU-2000 mostly for the panoramic display which at the time was far superior to what had been available on station scopes such as the SM 220/230 from Kenwood. I then tried the LP-PAN with the EMU 0204 sound card which gave a superior display compared to the DMU, but was restricted to 192 KHz and was extremely finicky due to the lousy audio connectors (hardwiring them is suggested). I sold the LP-Pan and went back to the DMU. Then I read about this panadpter and I figured for $70.00, how can you go wrong.

Installation in the FT-2000 is quite simple and doesn't require the $150.00 IF-2000 like the LP-PAN. It uses a USB dongle for DVR and DVB use (some of which are available for as little as $15.00) and software to support it. I easily interfaced the HDSDR software with HRD 7.3. I found the provided OMNI-RIG software to be a bit slow so I used the HRD-DDE interface instead. Now I can get click and tune capability with the spectrum display covering the entire band (up to 3 MHz)as well as HRD logbook with the packet cluster shown. Unfortunately, I have gotten so dependent on it that I find the old method of tuning the radio to be tedious.

While this panadapter may not be as sensitive as the LP Pan ( which I can't even notice), it is certainly cheaper than the $150 IF-2000, $250 Lp-Pan and $140 EMU-0204 (if you can find one). Much easier to interface and more reliable.

WD3C Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2015 06:54 Send this review to a friend
Works very well  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Installation was simple even with having to drill a hole in my FT-920, which took longer than the install. After a few months computer crashed and could not find the setup instructions, so it was play with settings or drop Steve an email. A note to Steve via email got another copy in PDF format in about 2 days. All around great product.

MONITORNUT Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2015 12:45 Send this review to a friend
You gotta get one of these!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
If there ever was a product you should just purhase and not even think about it, this is it, providing Steve has one for your rig. I'm using it with an FT-1000D, I know, I pinch myself every day I use this masterpiece. I'm not a licensed ham, a big prograstinator I guess, so I don't ever transmit, but I'm a hard core DX'er of the bands as well as Utility DX. I am not happy usually having to fiddle with the computer, especially software, Steve's instructions and video's were as if he was here taking me by the hand and helping me install and setup, it was that easy. Yes, I spoke to him about a few things that it was doing but it was my lack of knowledge that didn't understand the sophfisticated information I was seeing before my eyes and Steve was kind and worked through it with me, he even called me back when I left a message. You will want to purchase the RT USB60, in my case, so you have full control through the software. For $70.00 I can't think of another item in this hobby that will bring hours and hours of fun and excitement for such a small investment. Bravo Steve! you hit a home run here! Thank you for all your support, including the dumb questions. This should be a 10+. MonitorNut.

W6MVS Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2015 21:17 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding Value!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I installed the Pan Adapter on my IC-7600. The experience was excellent from beginning to end. Before deciding to purchase the Pan Adapter, I contacted Steve and asked a number of questions. He answered them promptly and honestly. I decided to purchase the Pan Adapter.

The installation was simple with the provided instructions. After setting it up, I couldn't quite get it to work. I emailed Steve and within a few minutes, I he responded with the solution. I had fat-fingered the IF frequency.

The Pan Adapter is nice, but it is the combination of rig control and the software that really takes the Pan Adapter to the next level. That does require a separate purchase and Steve recommended a place to buy the cable and drivers. Once the rig control is installed what you basically have is a hybrid of an SDR radio and a standard rig. The software and radio work very well together. They each control the other. If I dial a frequency on the VFO of the radio, the software immediately follows. If I click on the band scope for a particular frequency in the software, the radio immediately tunes to that frequency. Changing bands works the same way.

This is a wonderful addition to my shack and an excellent value.

HB9TSI Rating: 5/5 Jul 25, 2015 00:51 Send this review to a friend
Great tool  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased the Pan Adapter for my Kenwood TS-480HX. It works really great and it's fun to operate it. This is the least expensive and simplest way to add a Pan Adapter to your rig. I highly recommend it!

KH7DQ Rating: 5/5 Jul 17, 2015 16:47 Send this review to a friend
Great product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Before I purchased my first panadapter I did a lot of research. Decided to try this product before I purchased the "real thing" at a higher price. I figured if it didn't work, and I expected it not to, I'm only out $70. What a surprise. I hooked it up to my FT-2000D and this thing really works great. Had a little trouble setting it up initially (totally my fault for not following the directions) and Steve couldn't be more helpful in helping me get back on track. He was extremely patient and spent a couple of hours on the phone with me until it was up and running. This is one of the best buys I've ever made in the hobby and I can't say enough about the excellent service provided by Steve. Thank very much Steve! For the price this product rocks!

WA0UAY Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2015 08:25 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Okay guys if you are looking for a low cost high quality excellent performing panadapter, this is it. Installed it on the FT-950 and it works great! Had some questions and Steve walked me thru the process by email and phone. Full function panadapter and rig control for less than a hundred dollars, look no further. Thanks Steve!

KG7HZT Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2015 14:22 Send this review to a friend
Excellent product!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received this little beauty in the mail about a week ago. Steve said it would be easy to install and he wasn't lying! I had it up and running with my Icom IC-7600 in about an hour. That included opening the IC-7600 and replacing a couple of wires (no soldering involved.) It worked darn near perfectly with the settings he recommended, but with a little tweaking, I have it working flawlessly. Absolutely no lag between clicking on the computer screen and the radio finding the frequency. A great product at a great price.

W0AMP Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2015 12:58 Send this review to a friend
Excellent & Cost Effective Pan Adapter  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am amazed at how well this Pan Adapter works and how fun it is to operate! This is the least expensive and simplest way to add a Pan Adapter to your rig. I have the software running on an 8 year old XP laptop with Intel Centrino Duo Processor interfacing through with my FT-950 and it works very well! Steve tells me it will work even better on a faster PC or Laptop, which I plan to do in the near future. Steve's written & video instructions are very clear and easy to follow. I had it up and running in about an hour. I highly recommend it!

W7UUU Rating: 5/5 Apr 23, 2015 09:01 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful addition to my FT-950  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Steve has really put together a terrific system with his panadapter. Just a simple cable installation to the rig (it does require you to go inside the radio but Steve gives very detailed instructions and it's very easy to do). It took less than 30 minutes to have a 24" wide panadapter screen up and running, with that on the left and HRD (free version) on the right. All you need to supply is the monitor, computer you surely already have running well, and rig control software such as HRD.

Great product that's a super addition to any shack - see the whole band at once! My FT-950 is a totally new rig with this