Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | SDR-RADIO (V2) Help

Reviews Summary for SDR-RADIO (V2)
SDR-RADIO (V2) Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $ZERO - BETA TEST.
Description: New Development (V2) Windows console for SDR receivers
and transceivers. SDR Remote capabilities. Designed for
the commercial, amateur radio and short-wave listener
communities, the console provides a powerful interface
for all SDR users.
More info: http://v2.sdr-radio.com/Home.aspx

You can write your own review of the SDR-RADIO (V2) .

K8JHR Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2017 12:22 Send this review to a friend
Gee Thanks !  Time owned: more than 12 months
Gee, Thanks, for this really cool software application that allows me to run my SDR receiver as a panadapter for my transceiver, or as a stand alone receiver for general listening on all modes and bands. First, it works. Second, it is free. Third - well, shoot, we don't need a third reason - the first two cover every situation!

Nicely laid out, lots of control buttons on a single and highly visible tool bar to save us from dealing with menus - and it HAS menus, but we don't need them - giving us flexibility in display and operation. There are many ways the user can modify, adjust, and tailor the UI to suit his taste and style of operation. You can change colors, layout, size windows, and modify lots of other settings - it is almost overwhelming - and you can easily and quickly revert the whole mess back to factory default at any time, should you wish to reverse it all and start over with a new scheme. Pretty cool, eh?

The best bit... is it makes for a nice, clean, and easy to see and use interface for any number of SDRs. There is a friendly, helpful user discussion forum for support - but I bet you won't need it !

Thanks - great stuff - right price - I am pickled Tink ! Happy days to all. K8JHR

WB8YQJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 9, 2015 10:15 Send this review to a friend
Excellent++  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
There is a new offering for SDR and PC that is presently (Jan 2015) in Beta test. This program is new and different. If you are a traditional HF SSB/CW operator and used to the typical HF transceiver, this program allows most everything you are accustomed to doing with a dedicated transceiver at the PC - plus much more. It is fast and well organized, with a very clean interface. I am using it to control a Softrock Ensemble III SDR kit I recently built. In combination, this pair is just amazing for the $68 investment in the hardware.

As compared to previous offerings, even the previous version 1.5 of this program itself, this is a whole new thing.

I especially like the "Favorites" feature where you can setup each of your HF bands, similar to the band buttons on my transceiver, and your custom per-band AGC values are saved there. Speaking of the AGC, you can really make some significant changes using this program. Combined with the ability to define the IF level in Db, you can get the SDR sounding like your transceiver (if you like) and the virtual analog S-Meter works very well.

I highly recommend this program, even to those who might not be interested in digital modes.

There is a Yahoo group where testing is conducted.

Screen Shot: