Reviews Categories | Amateur Radio Periodicals | Electric Radio Help

Reviews Summary for Electric Radio
Electric Radio Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $32
Description: Magazine celebrating a bygone era
More info: http://www.ermag.com

You can write your own review of the Electric Radio.

WB6MYL Rating: 4/5 Apr 27, 2002 19:41 Send this review to a friend
Upon Further Review  Time owned: more than 12 months
Electric Radio was here before the internet to provide a common venue so that boat anchor collectors, restorers, and dealers could interact with information on repairs, parts, and the resale of vintage equipment. More than that it has allowed many or us who grew up only knowing the names "Hallicrafters", "National","Collins", and the like, to relive those simpler times of youth in discussing equipment that we grew up with and/or could only dream of owning. The articles are excellent and its neat to look at the pictures of vintage shacks; I have written several articles and my shack was pictured in a past issue. I wouldn't have known about a commercially available product detector for my 51J-4 if it wasn't for ER; I did have an issue with a product that I bought thru an ER ad, wrote a letter reflecting same, and the editor chose not to publish it because he felt it was negative and I thought that was not right; that withstanding, such a minor disagreement does not overshadow all the positives that ER and its contributors and editors have done and continue to do to promote and cohere the boat-anchor hobbiest. Thank you for reading.

K3VO Rating: 5/5 Nov 22, 2000 20:28 Send this review to a friend
Just plain fun  Time owned: more than 12 months
If you like boat anchors or have any interest in old gear this is must reading.
K3VO