Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Nagoya NL-R2 Mobile Antenna Help

Reviews Summary for Nagoya NL-R2 Mobile Antenna
Nagoya NL-R2 Mobile Antenna Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $13
Description: Dual band vhf uhf mobile
More info: Http://www.ebay.com

You can write your own review of the Nagoya NL-R2 Mobile Antenna.

KD4EG Rating: 4/5 Nov 13, 2016 05:37 Send this review to a friend
Failed recently ?  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Updating previous review. The antenna is reported to be rated at 100 watts. However, recently the antenna failed after transmitting on VHF with my Icom 208H for about 5 to 6 minute conversation on high power. Otherwise as I reviewed earlier the antenna preformed very well. I am considering ordering another one.

G6IYD Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2016 11:05 Send this review to a friend
Great little antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought one on ebay for a very small price. Had not expected it to perform so well. Was most surprised to find an almost perfect match across both 2m & 70cm with very low SWR readings. For such a short flexible antenna, it gives great performance. I have used much longer VHF/UHF antennas in the past, and while giving extended range, they can get ripped off the vehicle roof by low branches etc. Lost mag-mounts like that! No fears using the Nagoya NL-R2. Also it appears fairly well made, and the loading coil base section is very robust. Worth buying one even as a back-up if you use any SO239 mounts on your vehicle.

PINEAPPLEFRENZY Rating: 5/5 Jan 24, 2016 00:48 Send this review to a friend
Best $8 I've spent in a while.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I needed a low profile antenna to keep the wife happy about me installing my Icom 207H in our Nissan Versa.

Saw the NL-R2 on ebay, liked how it looked, read the one review here on eham, and bought one.

Looked great right out of the package. Fit and finish seemed good. Threaded smoothly onto the SO-239. Looks great on the back of the car.

After hooking up the SWR meter and flashing the rig, it tested below 1.2 in the middle of 2M. Didn't test 70cm.

Signal reports ranged from "great signal!" to "FM [broadcast] quality," all with five watts into a repeater 20 miles away.

I paid $8 for an antenna that looks and performs as well as an antenna for which I would gladly pay $50.

Time will tell if the NL-R2 stands up to the weather. But short of me not knowing it was made of rock salt, there doesn't seem to be anything about this antenna that leads me to believe it will fail anytime soon.

I am very happy and would recommend this antenna to anyone looking for an attractive, flexible, low-profile dual-band mobile antenna.

The NL-R2's performance/price ratio is excellent.

KD8MJJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2015 15:02 Send this review to a friend
Great mobile antenna for the price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Swr is sitting around 1.5:1 on vhf 1.3:1 on uhf. Barely noticable on vehicle. Can access a repeater 30 miles away with ease. Great for the ham on a budget. I was impressed with its size of 19 inches, and its gain rivals my larger antenna.