Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF Mobile & Accessories | MFJ-2320T Help

Reviews Summary for MFJ-2320T
Reviews: 5 Average rating: 3.6/5 MSRP: $$20
Description: 20 meter mini hamstick. Approximately 3 feet in length.
More info: http://www.mfjenterprises.com/Product.php?productid=MFJ-2320T

You can write your own review of the MFJ-2320T.

N4TOL Rating: 4/5 Jun 1, 2017 19:38 Send this review to a friend
Works fine  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Mag mounted this antenna on the roof of my SUV on Memorial Day weekend in the parking lot at the beach condo in St. Simons Island, GA.

Transceiver was a YouKits HB-1B, QRP unit, running about 4-5 watts.

Made 20 contacts in about 1.5 hours in the CQ WPX CW contest.

QSOs with Virgin Islands, Curacao, Brazil, Colorado, and about a half dozen in New England.

I didn't bust many pileups at 5 watts, however, the 3 foot antenna does work . For a quick and easy low profile mobile antenna, this fills the bill as advertised - just keep your expectations real.

K1WJ Rating: 4/5 Feb 2, 2017 07:59 Send this review to a friend
20m Mini  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Cut 2.5 in. the lower 1/2 in. FT-450d tunes 14.150 to 14.350 no problem. No tuner needed at all for 14.150-14-225. Only running 50w have made several contacts, ant. is on 5in mfj mag mount. Works decent for at 3ft +- 20m antenna. QC seems good, see how she does over time. 73 K1WJ

AF5CC Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2015 22:54 Send this review to a friend
Good performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have to agree with W1XYX on this antenna. I first bought the 17m version, not expecting too much out of a 3 foot tall antenna. I was amazed at its performance. Flat SWR across the entire band. I have worked some decent DX with it as well, including breaking the pileup for 9Q0HQ for a new band country, and this was while running 40 watts.

I liked it so much I bought the 20 meter version. It won't cover the entire band with a low SWR, but then 20 meters is 3.5 times the size of 17m. The MFJ 5 inch mag mount holds it just fine. I have made several long trips with this antenna, and it performs very well also. It is a 3 foot tall antenna, it isn't going to outperform a beam or full size dipole. It wil get you on the air from the mobile for a very decent price.

I have used mine on the county hunters net, generating small pileups, and worked some decent DX with it as well. It also hears very well for a mini-antenna. Can't recommend this enough for someone who wants to going mobile but needs a shorter, maybe lower profile mobile antenna.

I liked it enough that when my first one was destroyed in a car accident, I bought a second one.

K3LI Rating: 4/5 Jun 14, 2015 16:17 Send this review to a friend
Works fairly well  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Do not know about the other review, but I ran a ham stick halfway across the US. I had no problems getting QSOs, checking into various nets, and a couple of DX stations, etc.

Just because its short and a 3/8-24 thread into a mag mount, you still should do most all of the things you would do with any HF antenna mount. Minor details like grounding body panels etc.

KD4ONT Rating: 1/5 Jan 31, 2015 23:56 Send this review to a friend
Waste of money and effort.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've had this antenna for less than a week. The best swr I can get for voice is 1.8 at 50 watts. With my experience so far, unless the DX station is booming in, you're not going to be heard. It receives 20m but doesn't get heard worth a hoot! From my homework so far, I've learned helically wound antennas are the worst performing antennas in regards to efficiency. The mount I have it on, trunk lip, can't handle a full sized hamstick clone. To say it is extremely frustrating to work stations with this antenna is putting it kindly. I want to pull my hair out while trying to be heard using this antenna! Now that I think about it, a three foot antenna trying to do the job of a sixteen foot plus quarter wave antenna, is an act of utter futility! It can receive alright, but don't expect to make many contacts with this unless the band is at absolute peak propagation. I learned the hard way the the lower HF bands you go, the bigger, uglier, and heavier the antennas have to be for a mobile.