Reviews Categories | Microphones | Heil HM 12 Microphone Help

Reviews Summary for Heil HM 12 Microphone
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $71
Description: The new HM-12 microphone is designed specifically for amateur radio communications. The high output full range ‘Genesis’ dynamic element is designed to work with just about every amateur radio low impedance transmitter.
More info: http://www.heilsound.com/amateur/products/microphones/hm12

You can write your own review of the Heil HM 12 Microphone.

W9JTC Rating: 5/5 Apr 25, 2016 15:37 Send this review to a friend
Nice Mic  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have the HM 12 and have used it on a Kenwood TS-430s and now on my Icom IC-718. Works great. On the ICOM I have to run the compression but I get great audio reports. For someone looking for a great microphone at a great price this one is the one. First Heil microphone and have it on a ebay boom and it works and looks good. A keeper.

N5EKW Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2015 22:02 Send this review to a friend
A Low Z mic that works with a High Z input radio.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I received the HM 12 microphone and CC—1 K (4) cable from one of the major mail order vendors.
I was concerned about using a Low Z mic with the High Z mic input of my Kenwood TS-520. I was also curious how the HM 12 would perform when tested against the Kenwood MC-50.
I used a RF sample box and my oscilloscope to compare the two mics on the TS-520. I first observed the signal from the Kenwood mic with the mic gain set at level 5. Next, I looked at the signal from the HM 12 and noticed a little less amplitude.
Per Bob Heil's suggestion, I increased the mic gain on the TS-520 to level 8 and observed that the amplitude now matched that of the MC-50. I also noticed that the HM 12 produces a cleaner signal. I'm getting excellent audio reports on the air and I'm very pleased with the performance of the HM 12.