Reviews Categories | Packet TNCs | Mobilinkd TNC1 Help

Reviews Summary for Mobilinkd TNC1
Mobilinkd TNC1 Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $69.95
Description: Bluetooth tnc for APRS

You can write your own review of the Mobilinkd TNC1.

AA8VG Rating: 5/5 Mar 17, 2015 09:35 Send this review to a friend
Great Portable TNC  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I bought the mobilinkd tnc1 last summer as my first effort to get involved in APRS. While watching various youtube videos on the subject, I ran across a video showing the mobilinkd tnc1 in use with a droid cell phone. I was impressed and ordered it. It arrived very quickly. I did not have an android phone so I paired it with my nexus 7 tablet running APRS droid. I connected it to a Yaesu FT 270r, with the mobilinkd cable, and it has run flawlessly. The unit is configured with software using the Bluetooth connection. The first version of the configuration software presented me with few challenges. However, those were largely due to my own shortcomings. When I had questions, I emailed Rob at mobilinkd and he responded quickly and courteously. If you are looking for a highly mobile, user friendly kiss tnc, look no further. I just ordered my second mobilinkd tnc, and was pleased to see that the tnc1 had been replaced with a tnc2 that incorporates several improvements. Great product, great customer support, at a good price. You cannot ask for more than that.
KF5TOT Rating: 5/5 Feb 3, 2015 11:06 Send this review to a friend
Value packed  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Small unit great for APRS on the go. I keep mine connected to a Baofeng UV5-RA and it works great. I use it mostly with Xastir on an Ubuntu box but it works great with APRSDroid (which I also use when mobile). Battery life is exceptional, many times lasting longer than 2 days.

This model has been replaced by the TNC2