Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Logging | RUMlogNG for OS X 10.10+ Help

Reviews Summary for RUMlogNG for OS X 10.10+
RUMlogNG for OS X 10.10+ Reviews: 12 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $Free
Description: The next generation of the excellent RUMlog logging software for OS X.
More info: http://dl2rum.de/rumsoft/RUMsoft_Home.html

You can write your own review of the RUMlogNG for OS X 10.10+.

M0PKZ Rating: 5/5 Sep 12, 2017 04:01 Send this review to a friend
Best longing soft for the mac!!! Plus free!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Wow....Thomas keeps all RumlogNG users surprising...New versions, new functions. Using for over 2 years now, and the best longing soft so far for the mac. And yes...it's free! Please donate Thomas even just a bit for this brilliant work and what he is doing for all of us!!! Kes-m0pkz/ly3k.

DL1AKP Rating: 5/5 Jan 19, 2017 04:36 Send this review to a friend
Perfect Logging Software  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Why ist there no review from German users? The programmer is a German DXer...

So will just drop a short review. I own a Mac since half a year and tried to find a good logging software for it. I found RumLogNG.
And what should I say - it's perfekt. The software is free, but Tom would be glad to get a donation for it. This software is great, so I gave a donation for this fine work.

My old TRX FT-1000D wasn't in the list of supported radios for CAT. So I asked Tom what to do... A few days later Tom asked me to give him access to my TRX connected to the Mac, so he could test the new software work. He implemented the code for my radio in a few days! Thank's Tom!

I am very glad with that logging software. It has everything you need, for DX and normal QSO'ing.

Andy, DL1AKP / AB7VT

VK2GZ Rating: 5/5 Oct 11, 2016 04:06 Send this review to a friend
Smart, simple, effective.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having moved to Mac some time ago, I kept a Windows laptop just for logging and radio-related uses. Then of course the inevitable happened - the laptop wouldn't load an update and began to run like a dead wombat...

Determined to find a Mac logger, I tried the usual suspects and eventually arrived at RUMlog. It is simple, clean and efficient. Transferred my old PC logs using ADIF, connected to LoTW, EQSL, QRZ.com and DX spot server with no problem and off I went.

But wait! There was no connection with my FT920 so was unable to read or send frequency & mode information. Plenty of newer rig drivers were included, but not the venerable 920.

This is where the writer of this software went above and beyond.
It was breakfast time in Germany, dinner time in Australia, but Tom was able to interrogate my transceiver, fiddle with the arcane and mysterious CAT commands until lo and behold a new version of the program was in my inbox containing the appropriate driver for my rig! Unfortunately Yaesu does not seem to provide a CAT command for the PTT on the 920, so that was the only missing link.

Emailed this small gripe to Tom - then hey presto another vision of the program turned up containing the missing command (which turns out to be the same as used by the 890).

Would you get better "client care" from paid-for software? I wouldn't bet on it, but for all you Mac hams looking for a straightforward interface, you won't do better. It might not have as many bells & whistles of some programs I've seen, but for logging, QSL admin and general ease of use, it's No 1 for me!

Good on you Tom.

N9JR Rating: 5/5 Oct 10, 2016 13:26 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
An amazing piece of software. Excellent general logging functionality and great contesting software. Feature rich and extremely intuitive.

Supports a wide range of radios, and in my opinion the best logging/contest software available for macOS.

KO4JY Rating: 5/5 Aug 4, 2016 12:37 Send this review to a friend
My last logging software was N1MM in DOS  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have been a Ham for longer than I want to admit. I think I received my Novice ticket around 1984. My first log was a pen and paper, 10 Meters was open and I was having a blast with CW and SSB on 10m on a Drake C-Line and a dipole at about 3 meters from the ground. Eventually I started using N1MM running on an IBM Clone and DOS 3.x.

Fast forward to today. I am getting back into HF work and wanting to actively log again. I have also built a long standing disdain for everything Microsoft. I'm a Mac guy. I started looking at the options MacLoggerDX and Aether being the main two I checked out. While both seem okay I became very annoyed with MacLoggerDX timing out between every QSO. 15mins is not long enough to get a feel for the software.

Both packages had one very annoying problem. When working DX in rough conditions it's often necessary to fill in information as you hear it. Often I would catch the name or QTH while another station is mid QSO. In N1MM and in RUMLogNG it is easy to fill in this information as you hear it. MLDX and Aether both had challenges with this.

While I'm still checking out RUMLogNG, so far I really like it. I had one question about DX spots and Tom responded to my post in the forum within an hour of my posting it. I will certainly be sending a donation for his time developing this great Mac software.

This weekend 8/6/16 I will be checking out the CAT interface with an FT-857D. I will update the review after spending more time with RUMLogNG.

CT1DRB Rating: 5/5 Jun 3, 2016 15:57 Send this review to a friend
Very nice software.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hello all,

I have heard about several hamradio software to OS X, especially the MacLoggerDX software, and of course I had in mind to test it in a uncertain future.

About 2 weeks ago I purchased a new Mac Mini and finally the moment to test OS X hamradio software has arrived.

I tested at least 3 logging hamradio software: MacloggerDX, Aether and RUMlogNG.

And my conclusion is perfectly obvious: RUMlogNG is the best of them.

Logging is very easy, we can have up 2 rigs working together, update to ClubLog is automatic, there is a map, user information field and even a Station image. We can define 3 more fields what is very handy for SOTA activities for instance.

Another great feature is the contest module. In fact it is the first hamradio logging software that I have seen with such feature. It works very well too.

Up to now I am very happy with RUMlogNG and want to test it further more.

Thanks a lot Tom for this great software.

Best 73 all.

CT1DRB
David Quental

ZS1DX Rating: 5/5 Feb 27, 2016 23:02 Send this review to a friend
Great Software - Two Thumbs Up  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been using RUMlogNG daily for about a month now. Previously I logged with DXKeeper, from the DXLab suite. Being excellent software, I't was a tough act to follow.

RUMLogNG is very well designed/coded software for DXers. I much prefer it to the popular MacLogger. RUMLog's intuitive layout, effortless LOTW/eQSL integration, QRZ lookup, Search functions, etc., are easy on the eyes and brain. Easy to learn, easy to use, and powerful functionality makes RUMLog a winner.

Try it if you have a Mac!

Vielen Dank Thomas, DL2RUM!

EA5XQ Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2015 08:11 Send this review to a friend
Great application for OSx radioamateurs  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Actually it is not easy to find a good Ham Radio Log for OSx and during years I have been using others for WIndows with Wine emulators (for MacOSx and Linux) until I discovered by chance RUMLog of Tom DL2RUM. RUMLog has been very good software for Logging QSOs, interacting with eQSL, LoTW and Transceiver CAT.

Now new version is coming up, RUMLogND. It is awesome. It has been improved the GUI of the application plus new interesting and usefull funcionality that eases the radio operations.

Very flexible design that foster the efficiency of the radio operations.

But software is not enough if you do not get appropriate technical support for all the questions, issues, etc. And, most likely, it is the keystone of Tom, DL2RUM, to become a success platform: the technical support. Very efficient, quick in his answers and effective in the solutions to be applied. That provides trustness in the product. Congratulations for the new Generation of RUMLog. 73s EA5XQ

W0DJC Rating: 5/5 Nov 12, 2015 12:01 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Logging Program  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Replaced the excellent RUMlog logging program with Tom's new RUMlogNG. This is a robust and powerful tool for the ham operator, that comes with the added benefit of great product support.

When I made the switch to the Mac world, I wanted something that I could run natively, and ended up with RUMlog. I was very satisfied with the performance of that program. It was very easy to migrate my existing log data to it, with very few exceptions of country/zone data. Tom's (DL2RUM) new RUMlogNG is even better.

Very fast processing of entries. Powerful data search capabilities. Effortless and seamless integration with LOTW, EQSL and Clublog. Mapping, and grayline map. Uses the country database from Clublog to keep callsign exceptions up to date. QSL printing is a snap. New contest features. Computer control of my K3/P3 is excellent.

I could go on and on. I have considered Tom's software an indispensable tool in my ham radio arsenal. This latest generation is no exception. If you're a Mac user, you owe it to yourself to give this software a try.

F6EPY Rating: 5/5 Nov 3, 2015 06:48 Send this review to a friend
A good all purpose logger for OSX  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having accumulated several thousands of QSO's since I am in Senegal (using excellent WinTest in DXPed mode) and needing to fullfill my QSL obligations as well as tracking my awards and managing modern online ressources such as LoTW or ClubLog, I googled, shortlisted and downloaded test versions of 3 OSX loggers. I ended up choosing RumLogNG, which is managing perfectly my K3 and MicroHam interface, works flawlessly and manages LoTW and ClubLog almost seamless.Freeware is compatible with excellence. I will make a donation.