Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Directional (Yagi, quad, etc.) | JK ANTENNA JK65 5 ELEMENT 6 METER YAGI Help

Reviews Summary for JK ANTENNA JK65 5 ELEMENT 6 METER YAGI
JK ANTENNA  JK65 5 ELEMENT 6 METER YAGI Reviews: 4 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $285.00
Description: The JK65 5-element 6m Yagi gives you tremendous performance
with very high gain on a 15ft boom.
The antenna has been optimized for good F/R and SWR
performance across the 6-meter band.
The antenna comes with our high quality, heavy duty
materials and hardware. We have managed to keep the antenna
light-weight and at the same time keep the build quality the
best like our bigger yagis.

The FreeSpace gain of 11+ dbi or the 16+ dbi gain at 1.5-
wavelength above ground makes this a great antenna for use
during E-Skip and other times. Stack a few of them and enjoy
6-meters.
** This antenna is a 50-ohm direct feed
More info: http://jkantennas.com/jk65.html

You can write your own review of the JK ANTENNA JK65 5 ELEMENT 6 METER YAGI.

KA1W Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2017 17:44 Send this review to a friend
Great performer   Time owned: 6 to 12 months
My JK65 has been in service for almost a year and I am very pleased with its performance. My decision to purchase was based on design, size, gain and price. I also have a M2 3 element yagi mounted on another tower at the exact same height so side by side comparison was a breeze. As expected the JK65 had better gain and directivity over the 3 element. It was not so noticeable with eSkip propagation but was very noticeable with tropo, meteor scatter and local beacons. The SWR curve is exactly on target as described in the specs and handles full legal power easily. Assembly was easy as all hardware and elements are marked clearly and this is the first antenna I've assembled that included extra hardware. My JK65 easily survived a New England winter with icing and wind. It's a great performing 6M yagi on a 15' boom. Along with great design and price you will also receive outstanding customer service from Ken. Well done Mr. Karg!!

W0VTT Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2016 18:24 Send this review to a friend
VERY well made antenna  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
VERY solid construction with direct 50 ohm feed. No fussy little parts at the feedpoint. Now, if the band would just open up once in a while...

9K2OD Rating: 5/5 Mar 16, 2015 11:27 Send this review to a friend
Amazing 6 Meter Yagi  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have been using a stack of JK65, 5 over 5 for the last couple of months. I got it along with my other fellow amateurs in Kuwait after the 6M band was opened for our use.

They have been working extremely well and I have my Ultrabeam on 6M for comparison and there is a big difference with my 5-element JK65 stack. With the JK65, the reception is great with very high gain and exceptional performance. The SWR curve is exactly what is claimed on the JK Antennas website. This is true not just for me but also for all other Kuwait Amateurs that have installed the JK65.

I am enjoying the 6M band with my JK65 stack talking to the Pacific, Asia, Africa and recently started my QSOs with SA. This accounts for a total of 40 new DXCC countries on 6 meters in the last couple of months.

I am extremely happy with this antenna and would recommend it to anyone wanting a decently priced and high performing antenna for 6 meters.

Regards

9k2od, Osama

KS4OT Rating: 5/5 Mar 6, 2015 17:01 Send this review to a friend
Unbelievable Antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
While researching six-meter yagi antennas, I came across the newly designed JK65 antenna. It is a five element six-meter yagi on a 15 foot boom. I was immediately impressed by the antennas specifications and I decided to order based on what I had read. It took approximately four days to receive it after ordering. When it arrived, I opened the box and noticed immediately the quality parts used in the manufacture of this antenna. In addition, all parts were labeled for each section in different packages making it incredibly easy to assemble. Extra parts were also included in each package so if you lose a nut or bolt, you have no worries. I have put together many antennas over the years and I have never seen an antenna this well designed and so intuitively labeled. Because of the labeling system, this antenna was a breeze to assemble. Currently, I have the antenna up at approximately 28 feet and am very impressed by its performance. From 50.000 51.000, SWR does not go above 1.2. In addition, during six-meter band openings, my signal reports have been consistently 25-30 over S9. I am constantly being asked about the antenna I am running because of its signal strength and sound quality. Also, Ken at JK Antennas provides above and beyond customer service. He really stands behind his product after the sale, readily taking the time to answer any questions or solve any issues. I would give this antenna a 10 if I could. You will not regret buying it. I highly recommend.
KS4OT