Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | TuneMatic Automatic Motorized Antenna Controller Help

Reviews Summary for TuneMatic Automatic Motorized Antenna Controller
TuneMatic Automatic Motorized Antenna Controller Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $289.95
Description: Auto tuner for screwdriver antennas
More info: http://Tunematic.jtcomms.com

You can write your own review of the TuneMatic Automatic Motorized Antenna Controller.

VE7AGW Rating: 5/5 Dec 19, 2016 15:04 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic Tuner  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I purchased the TuneMatic back in Aug/2016 I thought this unit would be the best for my mobile HF setup, a Kenwood TS-480HX, Tarheel 200A-HP. Being that my F-150 is a manual 5 speed I didn't want to deal with holding a button to tune the unit all I wanted to do is push a button once and have the unit do it's thing. I've never been more satisfied with purchasing anything as I have been with the TuneMatic. All I do is select the band and frequency then push the tune button on the little control unit and away the antennas goes,once I hear TC (CW) it's good to go.
Jim Trapani the owner JT Communications just sent the updated firmware, version 5.31 and this makes life even better as it has changed the count time so that the slower pulse count of the bigger screwdriver antenna present, doesn't cause the unit to think that the antenna has stalled. This upgraded firmware sure has made a difference for my setup, I don't get any stall alerts. I used to get one a week and when it got down to -10 C I'd get 1 a day,everything slowed down at that point you leave the antenna sitting where it was and work that band or change it before the sun goes down. But since I installed the 5.31 firmware I haven't had one stall warning and we still had -7 C the other night.
I like the TuneMatic, in my opinion it was a necessity for my setup, the control panel is only about 2x1 inch and you can fit it any where, even in the new cars with no room for anything. And the main unit comes in an actual "metal" box. When it tunes the screwdriver antenna, it measure the frequency from the radio and the VSWR, which is measured by the interface it's self. It doesn't require any additional meters or anything the TuneMatic has a built in VSWR sensor and its accurate according to my Bird meter. I can hardly wait to see what Jim is going to put in the next version of firmware, whatever it is I'm confident it will be better that the previous one.

NA1VT Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2016 16:03 Send this review to a friend
Awesome  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Bought the Tunematic Lite. Well thought out, easy to use and well built. Using with Little Tarheel. Highly recommended!

K4KXX Rating: 5/5 Mar 21, 2015 20:24 Send this review to a friend
Fantastic  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Can't say enough about this gadget. I got a little tarheel for my car and after installing it I realized what a pain it was going to be tuning the antenna and having to watch the swr meter while driving. So I went searching for an answer. That's when I found this little wonder. It took all of about 15 minutes to install in the trunk of my 2014 VW Passat and it was done. I tuned to the center of each frequency I wanted to use watching an swr meter, hit the enter button and it was done! No more trying to do all that now, I just tune it the frequency i want , hit the tune button and in a matter of seconds I'm good to go! Yeah $298.95 might seem a bit on the steep side, but. This thing is so convenient and accurate you can't go wrong.
On top of everything else today I get a call from J.T. himself asking me if it installed easily enough and how did I like it. He said they are coming up with some improvements like lighted switches, etc, and he would keep me in the loop!so in closing if you have a tarheel and want a quick, efficient, and ACCURATE tuner pull the trigger and get one of these, you won't be disappointed !!
73's. K4KXX