Reviews Categories | SWR & Wattmeters & Dummy Loads | Nissei RS-50 Help

Reviews Summary for Nissei RS-50
Nissei RS-50 Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $89.99
Description: Digital VHF/UHF SWR and Power meter.
More info: http://www.meterexpert.com/e/SWT_meter_11.htm

You can write your own review of the Nissei RS-50.

KA0RSN Rating: 3/5 Apr 13, 2016 21:11 Send this review to a friend
A Little wary  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Just got one of these today. After the reviews here on Eham and for the price, I was a bit excited to try it out. For starters, the overall construction is really rugged. Its a nice metal case with a large, easy to read screen. Easy operation. Turn it on and push PTT to get your readings.
So, here's a couple things I am not real satisfied with. I was using this with a 5 watt radio, but when I transmitted, it showed my output power of 7.84 watts! Typically, a 5 watt radio averages output below it rating not higher. Also, after recording my forward power and reflected power, I did a quick calculation on paper and in reality, my SWR was higher than what this device was telling me. So in other words, the meter was saying that my SWR was 2.50 but when I calculated it out, it should have been closer to 3.4
I don't know if I received a defective unit, but I am giving it a mediocre rating until I can test it more and compare it with a better meter.
I realize that these are only a $100, but If you are considering one of these, you may want to do more research on them first. Stay tuned

M5AEO Rating: 5/5 Aug 21, 2015 12:33 Send this review to a friend
Surprisingly good  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am pleasantly surprised, as I have previously tried a analogue Nissei SWR meter which was totally inaccurate. This digital version is much better. It is nicely built, has an attractive backlit display, and is fairly accurate.
A useful tool for portable working at a good price.

AD4C2006 Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2015 12:12 Send this review to a friend
Great instrument  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased this digital wattmeter with amazon.com for just $89 and its working very well.
I will read my 2M radio forward and reflected power as well as the SWR, all together at once, the best of all is that the amber light for the scale last only 30 seconds to save battery and then if you want it back, just press the PTT on your radio and it will sense the RF passing trough and light will come back by itself, then after 30 seconds cycle start again.
I installed batteries few days ago and been using it everyday to check my radio when I use it, battery remains with same level.
Its a very good digital meter for the price.
When compared readings with a BIRD wattmeter, both were the same, meter is very acurate as well.

Hector
AD4C

EI8KF Rating: 5/5 Mar 24, 2015 13:40 Send this review to a friend
Compact digital SWR & Power meter!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought one of these small meters for use at home and found it to be a very useful addition to the shack. The two AA batteries don't seem to last very long in use but the meter can also be powered via the mini USB port. The display is bright and easily readable and gives a clear indication of both forward and reflected power as well as the SWR reading, all I really need for my TM-V71 and V-2000.
The RS-50 is a neat, unobtrusive handy little meter!