Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Alinco DJ-500T Help

Reviews Summary for Alinco DJ-500T
Alinco DJ-500T Reviews: 11 Average rating: 4.6/5 MSRP: $130
Description: 144MHz/430MHz FM semi-duplex dualband 5W transceiver. IP54 sealed. 1000mW audio. Wide/narrow tx/rx. 200 memories. VOX.
More info: http://www.alinco.com/Products/DJ-500/

You can write your own review of the Alinco DJ-500T.

NE4W Rating: 4/5 Apr 2, 2015 10:13 Send this review to a friend
Great value dualband HT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I am liking this little radio! I was looking for a dual band, weather resistant radio that wouldn't break the bank, and I'm glad I found this one. I bought an additional 1700mAh battery for it and it goes on and on and on... The radio is supplied with a drop-in charge cradle, and it is capable of charging batteries while detached from the radio. Construction seems solid; the knobs on top have a high-quality, "resistive" feel to them - not flimsy feeling at all. The keypad is backlit. One of the most appreciated features is the powerful audio output - what a refreshing change to have plenty of audio when you need it. I ordered a programming cable (FTDI chip, ERW-7) from ebay, and use it along with the free Alinco software for programming. If the unit had more memories, I would rate it a "5" for being such a good value.