Reviews Categories | Keyers & CW Keyboards | HamGadgets Ultra PicoKeyer Help

Reviews Summary for HamGadgets Ultra PicoKeyer
HamGadgets Ultra PicoKeyer Reviews: 9 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $29
Description: 5-60 WPM 4-message internal-battery powered tiny (2.3"W x 1'H x 2.2"D) fully programmable CW Memory Keyer.
More info: http://www.hamgadgets.com

You can write your own review of the HamGadgets Ultra PicoKeyer .

KF2YD Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2017 06:04 Send this review to a friend
Ultra Pico Keyer Review  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The " Ultra Pico Keyer " kit went together very easily and it works very well. The kit is a little pricey but it is packed with many features that only expensive keyers have. Thumbs up for this keyer !

N8CT Rating: 5/5 Jan 10, 2017 19:00 Send this review to a friend
Great Keyer!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have one of the earlier versions of the PicoKeyer and I lost one of the keying mosfets when I tried to use it with my Viking Valiant. So I was on HamGadgets website ordering a couple of new mosfets and decided to go ahead and order the latest kit, the Ultra PicoKeyer. Wow, what a neat keyer kit, easy to build, it greets you with a 73 in morse code when you put the battery in for the first time, the included case fits well and the 4 memories are so easy to program and change at anytime you want. I also got the mosfet replaced in my old PicoKeyer so now I have two of these keyers and am totally spoiled. Thanks Dale for such a nice addition to my shack.

G4BSW Rating: 5/5 Mar 3, 2016 11:55 Send this review to a friend
Simply Superb  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After a bad experience with an MFJ keyer I purchased this little kit. Easy to assemble and a real pleasure to use. Iambic A and B supported - I grew up with mode A and cannot get on with B! Programming the memories so simple and you can set the beacon mode so it sends CQ for you while you are doing other things in the shack. Battery seems to last and last, still on the original. I purchased a second kit as a spare. Took about a week to come from the States. Can very highly recommend, superb quality!

OK1UDA Rating: 5/5 Dec 8, 2015 03:43 Send this review to a friend
Easy to build and use  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It took me about 30 minutes to build the kit with a simple solder gun. Easy to follow guide describing both building and operating the keyer. I am just starting to learn Morse and this tiny thing does exactly what I expected. I am using it to connect paddles to PC software that supports only straight key.

AD8Y Rating: 5/5 Aug 26, 2015 07:01 Send this review to a friend
5/5 indeed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is an excellent kit and an excellent keyer. My wife just qualified for her Amateur Extra and wants to learn some CW and some hands-on electronics. She built one in about an hour total work, it works perfectly, and she is learning the art of keyer use. Great fun! We're using the low-voltage positive side keying, I will try it with a grid-block transceiver next to check the high-voltage negative side.

K9ZMD Rating: 5/5 Aug 18, 2015 22:03 Send this review to a friend
Love It!  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
As other have mentioned, the assembly guide is easy to follow and the kit goes together quickly. When you're done, it is a finished product, ready to put into operation. Programming is also a snap, thanks to clear instructions.

On completion, I had only one unanswered question - would any harm result if I connected its output in parallel with other keys (to instantly alternate between Pico Keyer paddles, cootie key, straight key, or bug)? I emailed my query to Dale, N0XAS, and very quickly had an answer from him - no problem at all to parallel the output with various straight keys; it will not harm the Ultra Pico Keyer.

KB8ZPZ Rating: 5/5 Apr 29, 2015 10:03 Send this review to a friend
big product/small price  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The product was shipped promptly. Directions were easy to follow with photos describing the installation of each part. The kit went together in about half an hour. This memory keyer has 4 push button memories and a POT speed adjustment on the front of the case. Default range (it can be changed in the menu) of 5 to 30 wpm. The small size of this keyer makes it ideal for portable/qrp work. And... all this for $29.

HB9ABX Rating: 5/5 Apr 11, 2015 05:06 Send this review to a friend
Excellent keyer with memory  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Obtained kit in short time. Easy build the KIT in 30 minutes.
Testing with RBN and obtained during 3 minutes over 50 reports. CW functions are very helping.
Reading the instruction of ulta picokyer is important!
See here:
best 73 Felix HB9ABX

N6HE Rating: 5/5 Apr 10, 2015 12:49 Send this review to a friend
Powerful Little Memory Keyer Kit!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've been a big fan of HamGadgets for a long time, owning and using their MK-1 Memory Keyer in my home station for several years. This miniature version is a minor miracle.....

It's in kit form, about the size of a medium-sized hand mike, and has all the features you'd expect in a full-featured keyer. See www.hamgadgets.com for a full description.

Speed range is 5 - 60 WPM and it has four up-to-127 character message memories. Keys both + and - voltages up to 60V. Internal (small, relatively high-pitched) speaker and many keying modes (Curtis A and B, etc.).

Not that many parts and the kit went together without ANY confusion (a first for me in my kit-building experience) in about a leisurely half-hour. Worked first time, even for "old fumble-fingers" me.

This thing would be fabulous for portable work as it's so small and light. If I put my Vibrokeyer paddle in a box, I could fit 18 of these units in the box! It's really amazing to me.....

A full-featured memory keyer for $29 (kit form)...can't beat that.

Ray N6HE