Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Cushcraft CS270M Help

Reviews Summary for Cushcraft CS270M
Cushcraft CS270M Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $90.
Description: 2m/70cm Mobile magnet mount antenna
More info: http://www.cushcraft.com/

You can write your own review of the Cushcraft CS270M.

W6EMR Rating: 5/5 May 4, 2009 21:42 Send this review to a friend
Durable, low SWR both Bands  Time owned: more than 12 months
Owned since 2000. little or no SWR adjustment required. Sells currently for less than $55 . Good value for a Mag-Mount antenna and 5/8 wave to boot! Gain is as advertised, or close to it. Very portable; just wipe down occasionally to remove grime from whip. Magnet is strong, won't slip. NMO mount.

N7OQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 23, 2008 14:50 Send this review to a friend
Nice antenna  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had this antenna for several years now installed on several vehicles and it has always worked good. Always have a good SWR on both bands, very ruggedly built. Nice antenna

KE4DRN Rating: 5/5 Aug 11, 2008 17:30 Send this review to a friend
Works Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've used this on all my cars since I got my
Tech license back in 1993.

Just wipe it clean every few months to get
the road grime off the whip.

SWR just fine out of the package, no need
to trim or tune it at all.

N4FOP Rating: 2/5 Apr 26, 2006 20:29 Send this review to a friend
Overpriced, poor quality  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
The technical aspects of this antenna would lead one to believe that it is a great antenna. NOT! I had considerable difficulty on the VHF side trying to get the SWR down with no success. At a suggested MSRP of $98.95, you would think it would be awesome. Cheaply made, poor performer. I have finally replaced it with a Comet SBB-5NMO that is far superior in performance, price and workmanship.

KB3JHP Rating: 3/5 Jan 13, 2005 06:11 Send this review to a friend
fair  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this because I read some good things about It when It came I was not too happy at first. The coil cover on the whip is very cheaply made but over all it is a well built Antenna the base is very nice very low profile very strong mag mount I would not buy another one for more than $50 I payed $79 it is worth that but you can get a just as good antenna for less.it works better than most 5/8s I have read about. but is not as tall it is shorter than a 1/2wave so it is easy to take with you.