Reviews Categories | Specialized Amateur Communication Products | Lidomount LM-300 gooseneck seatbolt mount Help

Reviews Summary for Lidomount LM-300 gooseneck seatbolt mount
Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $24.95
Description: Seat Bolt Mount For All Icom, Kenwood, Yaesu, Wouxun Radios
More info: http://www.lidomounts.com/catalog/item/1478816/4979410.htm

You can write your own review of the Lidomount LM-300 gooseneck seatbolt mount.

KC2QBK Rating: 5/5 Feb 24, 2017 18:45 Send this review to a friend
Great Value!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Purchased a LM-300 to mount the control head for my Yaesu FT-8900 in the mobile. Was very surprised at the ease of installation. Completed everything within 20 minutes. Found the site via the internet and VERY satisfied with this mount.

KD8LLQ Rating: 3/5 Apr 4, 2016 15:42 Send this review to a friend
Not Bad!   Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had to make some modifications to get it to fit into the cup my seat bolt sits in. Wasn't anything that a grinder couldn't fix. Seems very stiff, but i'm not complaining, I wouldn't want it flimsy or very flexible. Probably works best on older model vehicles that have a flat seat bolt mounting location. Had to drill the 2 holes to get it to mount to my TM-V71A head but was an easy task. It apparently mounts perfectly to Icom and Yaesu heads.

AC0YV Rating: 5/5 Jan 18, 2016 19:19 Send this review to a friend
Good mount and great customer service  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have the mount in my cherokee and it takes a beating. It broke on a very cold morning. I sent an email with pictures and they sent me the replacement part quickly and free of charge.

KG4SAQ Rating: 5/5 Nov 15, 2015 15:29 Send this review to a friend
Perfect for the need  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Unlike the first reviewer of this product, the Lido LM-300 has been near perfect for my needs in a 97 Chevy Suburban where I've mounted the remote head for a Kenwood TM-D700. I loosened the seat bolt, made a couple of false starts until I had the proper orientation, then slipped it in and tightened the bolt back down. A bit of careful bending and it's done. The entire process took perhaps 15 minutes.

The only thing I could conceivably ask for is a taller version for those of us with large vehicles. However, I read the specs going in and knew where it was going to fit, so I can't complain about that.

My suggestion is to read the product description carefully, examine the seat bolt area carefully, measure your vehicle carefully, and check your toolbox before buying to avoid potential problems. Check again before beginning installation and if it's going to be too big a job, send the mount back and take a different approach. Blaming the mount for the construction of your vehicle and your lack of tools is unfair.

N1NI Rating: 2/5 Apr 22, 2015 14:38 Send this review to a friend
Major hassle  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The idea seemed great: slip the mount base under the seat bolt of the passenger front seat. No driving or holes in the car. I bought this at the suggestion of a salesperson at HRO. It was an installation nightmare.

It may be that on most cars and some radios this is a piece of cake but not for my Kenwood TV-V71A and 2007 Audi A4 Sedan. Let's take the car first. The seat rides on rails that are bolted about an inch back with European 12-point socket head bolts. So I ponied up $31 for a socket set just to loosen the seatbolt. Then I discovered the LIdomount hardware wouldn't fit down the rail to get under the bolt. It was too wide. In order to make that happen I had to Dremel a cutout in hardened steel. Not fun. Then there was only one hole in the center as opposed to the two on the side, so I had to drill another hole. Bad experience. But I managed. Then I discovered that attaching the mounting plate on the radio end to the Kenwood was no piece of cake. Enough people seemed to have trouble ("confusion") that Lido posted a Youtube video on how to do it (http://www.lidomounts.com/catalog/item/1478816/4979410.htm). It's a bit kludgy but can be done Unfortunately the hardware Lido supplies had the wrong size screws, requiring a trip to the hardware store to get the right size screws. I now have it installed and the radio mounted and so far seems OK. But just OK. Gooseneck is very stiff and hard to adjust. Modified mount wiggles. So is no universal mount. You may have to do a lot of fiddling to make it usable.

Anybody want a set of 12 point socket wrenches? Because I had no use for them except for this. So it more than doubled the price.