Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | Triex LM-354 Help

Reviews Summary for Triex LM-354
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.5/5 MSRP: $2200
Description: Contact: Tashjian@msn.com

You can write your own review of the Triex LM-354.

NV2A Rating: 5/5 Aug 6, 2014 05:56 Send this review to a friend
Works great  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this tower to hold my antennas in the air....duh! It does that to perfection. I have a KT36xa and a M240m2element beam on it. The tilt over device works to perfection. I removed the winches and supplied a 12volt ATV Harbor Freight type winch for the tilt over and used a homebrew AC winch made from a 40:1 gear reducer for farmers grain elevators - This is used to raise the tower with a 1/3 hp motor. I had the factory base tabs welded to a 5/8" thick steel plate and holes pierced to match the pattern of 1" lag bolts in my concrete mount. This allowed me to turn the tower 180 degrees to tilt the tower into the back yard instead of the driveway. I love it. Don't know how I could give it anything less than a 5 rating. Keep in mind, not all writing these ratings know their way around tools and backyard engineering. I can weld buy my welding was done by a large fabrication plant for $125.00 with perfect welds.

W6ED Rating: 4/5 May 29, 2003 13:43 Send this review to a friend
A rugged tower  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned an LM354HD motor driven for about 3 years. I leave it up 90% of the time even in strong winds. Only problem has been the upper limit switch open circuit, then have to go to control box and bridge the switch connections in order for the tower to crank down. Being close to the ocean i have to put cable dressing on cable every time I bring it down. The old LM-354's had a sleeve welded at top for the 2" pipe, the newer ones don"t haave this feature, allowing the mast to swivel in all directions. I prefer it the old way. Apparently Triex has been bought out. Don't know if excellent factory service will still be available. I have the erection fixture, the main reason I bought this tower. Like the tilt-over feature.

N8AHA Rating: 5/5 Feb 23, 2002 21:01 Send this review to a friend
Very good product  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased this tower along with the tilt over device and was very satisfied with it. It was a great performer and pretty easy to do as the docs were primo.

AD6W Rating: 4/5 Sep 17, 1999 13:54 Send this review to a friend
Never had a problem with it in 21 years  Time owned: unknown months
This has been an excellent tower. I would have given it 5 stars if it weren't for the base, which is difficult to install compared to towers with pier-pin type bases I have done for friends. I have installed this same tower at 3 locations over the years as I moved around, so I've done the base several times. It survived all the moves OK and a house fire in 1995. My tower has the electric winch and has been raised and lowered as needed to avoid bad weather for years with no motor or cable problems. It also has the tiltover fixture which works great. Just wish my city allowed the taller LM-470.