Reviews Categories | Specialized Amateur Communication Products | K4AVU Amp Pecker Help

Reviews Summary for K4AVU Amp Pecker
Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $$70
Description: 30% on 705 off inline to the microphone amplifier pecker for easy tuning of the radio and the amplifier. 9 volt battery operated.
More info: http://k4avu.webs.com/apps/webstore/products/show/1298636

You can write your own review of the K4AVU Amp Pecker.

N4UE Rating: 5/5 Dec 13, 2016 13:19 Send this review to a friend
Awesome!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having just finished building 2 amps, I wanted an easy way to tune them. I could just yell into the mic like the CB amp builders do on YouTube. ha ha
YES, I know that using CW does the same as using the 'pecker'.
However, I like gadgets and also like to support hams like K4AVU who provide products like this to the ham community. I could put one of these together, but I enjoy 'paying back' to the hobby I've enjoyed for 55 years.
Paul's products are not only built in an excellent fashion, they came so fast, it was amazing. His eMail response was perfect.

Bottom line? 10 stars.

ron
N4UE

K2HN Rating: 5/5 Jan 8, 2016 17:47 Send this review to a friend
Great!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Having purchased one of these years ago from Larry (sk) and now needed another I found these made by K4AVU. Very similar product and great customer service.

N8WGM Rating: 5/5 Apr 27, 2015 06:40 Send this review to a friend
Excellent pecker and easy to install  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I got a little tired when tuning the Kenwood TS830 or the ALpha 76PA amplifier and doing the AAAAAAAHHHHHHH...AHHHHHHHHHHHH......

There had to be a better way. So I went back in time a bit and remembered listening the to guys on 3898 and the pecker they were using to tune their radios and their amplifiers. The one they were using is no longer available but I did a bit of research and found the web site for K4AVU and his products. He has an amp pecker for $52 plus shipping so I ordered one.

After installing it, I realized that I made a mistake. I should have bought this thing a long time ago. If you use the old radios that need tuning or amplifiers that use tube finals, then this product is a must have. Highly recommended.