Reviews Categories | Specialized Amateur Communication Products | Three Rivers Embedded Systems Pan Adapter kit for Omni VII Help

Reviews Summary for Three Rivers Embedded Systems Pan Adapter kit for Omni VII
Three Rivers Embedded Systems Pan Adapter kit for Omni VII Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $125
Description: A complete kit to add a Pan Adapter to the Ten Tec Omni VII. It includes the SDR Dongle receiver, internal jumpers, and software. The manual is well illustrated and the software self- installs everything needed. It will work as a stand-alone unit or with Ham Radio Deluxe.
More info: http://3resr2.com

You can write your own review of the Three Rivers Embedded Systems Pan Adapter kit for Omni VII.

AB1XG Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2015 09:39 Send this review to a friend
Finally! A Fulltime Bandscope for the Ten Tec Omni VII!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I couldn't believe my eyes when I read the prior review. I always felt a fulltime bandscope for the Omni VII would be a plus.

I contacted Dave, AA3YW (email: 3resr2@consolidated.net) after reading the brochure, placed my order and soon had the kit.

The hardware part is dead simple to install, a wire connects from a board to one of the spare plugs (unused) on the back of the radio. No soldering required! This is for the IF out.

A wire then connects to a very small SDR receiver which in turn connects to a USB port on your computer.

BE SURE YOU FOLLOW THE SETUP DIRECTIONS FOR THE SOFTWARE EXACTLY TO THE LETTER. If you do this, it will work perfectly!

This will interface with Ham Radio Deluxe if desired, that's how I set mine up. Now if I see a signal on the band I can click on it and the radio tunes to it immediately.

VERY satisfied!

WA4THR Rating: 5/5 Apr 30, 2015 08:02 Send this review to a friend
A must have upgrade!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I got the Panadapter Kit from 3 Rivers Embedded Systems, with a very quick delivery after getting the descriptive brochure emailed to me, and have been using it on my new Omni VII. Wow! What a treat! Dave (AA3YW) has a complete package with literally everything you need except the RS232 serial cable already provided by Ten Tec. One jumper is plugged in to the existing IF out jack on the circuit board and the rear panel spare jack inside the radio, all of which is well illustrated in the user manual. He even provides an "IF Out" label for the spare jack. Then a cable plugs from that jack to his dongle SDR receiver, and another cable runs from that dongle to a USB port on the computer, which also powers the dongle. He provides a self-installing software package, too. I am running on an old Win XP machine with the last free version of HRD, and it does link up such that I can click on a signal on the waterfall or the amplitude display and the radio immediately jumps to that frequency which will now be centered on the display. Or, you can tune the radio or click on a spot in HRD and have the display follow you. You can adjust the displayed bandwidth from almost 2mHz wide right down to a single signal.

Dave was very reachable and helpful as I sorted some setting issues with my old computer, and the system is working great. This may be the best improvement you can make to the Omni VII.