Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Kenwood TH-75 Help

Reviews Summary for Kenwood TH-75
Kenwood TH-75 Reviews: 7 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Dual band HT

You can write your own review of the Kenwood TH-75.

K0KSL Rating: 5/5 Aug 13, 2011 09:47 Send this review to a friend
ALMOST LIKE NEW  Time owned: more than 12 months
I bought this unit when it first became available, however, it has been in storage for 12-13 years.

Bought two new NiMH battery packs from Batteries America and a charger. My only criticism is that the keypad buttons are a little unstable causing double entries at times.

I can't remember the Kenwood charger BC-10 is a smart charger and if it would slow charge the NiMH batteries (??).

Though I also just purchase a Yaesu FT-60R, I'm tempted to make the Yaesu a backup! I love'em both!

EA4AZZ Rating: 5/5 Jan 7, 2009 10:04 Send this review to a friend
BEST OF THE BEST  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I bought a th75 few week ago and I LOVE IT.
The best receiver that I ever see.
I use this ht in a satelite operation full duplex and is very easy to work all the fm birds. Also I have a th77 and vx5r vx7r..but nothing like the th75.
Nice receiver. In a week signals is a winer

KD0BEP Rating: 5/5 Sep 14, 2008 09:56 Send this review to a friend
Amazing Value!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I work over at a ham radio shop around Minneapolis and when i saw this thing come in i was very interested. For $35 i thought this would be a great deal so i went home and thought about it and thought i would check my kenwood accesories to see if there was something to make me say ill buy it. Turns out i had 4 spare batteries for the thing and a earphone mic! So i read the reviews and saw someone say expect to pay over $100 and i looked on the eham archives and all were more than $100 so i went in and bought it. Yes it lacks features but who needs them! Theres nothing that would need to be adjusted! It Has the excellent audio with no buzz and i come in quiet crisp. With the dual recieve it was excellent. Although big if you find one for the price i did. Grab it! Even if the batts are dead like 3 of mine were give them a quick zap and they are as good as new! Only Wish my brick still had a belt clip.

KB4TPP Rating: 5/5 Sep 15, 2006 00:11 Send this review to a friend
Good basic dual band HT  Time owned: more than 12 months
I used a TH-75 when they came out in 90/1991 and just picked up another one from Qrz swapshop in mint shape. This was Kenwood's first dual band HT and they did it right. While it doesn't have 1000 memory channels or alphatags, it does have true dual band RX, CTCSS encode and decode, and excellent performance. It is a brick of a radio, but has very loud clear audio on RX, and TX audio is smooth and crisp, not raspy or overdriven. It has a large display and keypad, and can take 9-13VDC in directly.
The TH-75A shares the same slide-on battery packs as the TH-25/45/26/46 and TH-77 and are widely available from aftermarket sources. With a 12 volt pack or external DC in, you get 5 watts out on both bands. It has a standard BNC antenna connector, and Kenwood two-pin jacks for a remote mike. 10 memories per band + 1 call channel on V and U plus direct keypad frequency entry. The only downside to this HT are CTCSS decode will only work on ONE band when in dual RX mode, but you can select which band you want CTCSS decoding on. The radio while built very well lacks O-ring seals on the main body and controls, so you should keep this in mind if using it outdoors. It does not crossband repeat. All in all it's a good, basic dual band HT with excellent performance and a good starter HT. Expect to pay 100-150 dollars for a good one that is clean with accessories.

KD5UGS Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2005 07:57 Send this review to a friend
Great radio!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The TH75 is the first Kenwood I've ever owned & I think it's a great radio overall.
On a scale of 1 to 10,I give it a 9 1/2!

N4RAP Rating: 5/5 Aug 1, 2005 22:12 Send this review to a friend
BIG!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I had one of these, back in 1995. It was my first hand held dual band. I loved it...but it was just too damn big! Had such a big cabinet that it had a very decent speaker. If you closed your eyes...you'd swear that you were listening to a base station. Man was that a good speaker.

N4RAP

NE0P Rating: 5/5 Dec 15, 2000 23:04 Send this review to a friend
Good Dual band HT  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought this HT used a few weeks ago, and have really enjoyed it so far. It runs full duplex on 2 and 70cm, and also received both bands at once. IT is larger than most HTs today, but not overly so. Also has CTCSS encode and decode, battery savings modes, and all of the normal features you need on an HT. Only has 10 memories, but that is more than enought for me. ALso has extended receive on both VHF and UHF side. The volume is more than adequate, and the batteries seem to last a decent amount of time. You can find these available used for very nice prices, as I did. If you want a simple to operate dual bander, with dual receive, this is it.