Reviews Categories | Towers, masts, accessories, climbing gear | Hyendfed 12.5metre mast Help

Reviews Summary for Hyendfed 12.5metre mast
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $85 Euros
Description: Telescopic fibreglass tubular mast. (Height around 40ft for the non-metric minded)
More info: http://www.hyendcompany.nl/

You can write your own review of the Hyendfed 12.5metre mast.

GM6JUA Rating: 5/5 Oct 5, 2015 11:17 Send this review to a friend
great service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Hi , I own two of these masts the 12.5 metre and the 10 metre version both are of excellent construction and are very easy to erect.
Ron's customer service is second to none.
I use them to support two of Ron's end fed antenna's as verticals one for 14mhz and one for 18 mhz

MM0HRL Rating: 5/5 May 7, 2015 06:33 Send this review to a friend
Heavy Duty Fibreglass Mast  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've no connection to the HyEndFed company in Holland, I'm only a customer who bought this mast for my own use.

This mast is VERY different from the much more common - and lightweight/fragile items you see on ebay sold as flagpoles - and the even lighter ones used for fishing. The HyEndFed mast is taller, heavier - and what's more to the point - it's made to support antennas! Not only strong enough to hold up a light banner at a caravan rally like the light flagpoles are for.

The wall thickness is - thick! I didn't put a micrometer on it but I'm guessing the tube wall thickness has to be around three times the thickness of a 10m flagpole that I misguidedly bought last autumn. And that 2.5m extra height makes a difference too - we all know how important it is to hoist wire antennas up as high as practically possible.

Its size details are -
Height - 12.5m
Transport size - 1.34m
Weight - 3.7kg (just over 8lbs)
Bottom outside diameter - 55mm
Top outside diameter - 8mm
Sections - 10.

And Price.
Currently at 85Euros - convert it using an online converter to get your own currency - but the Hyendfed site can display the prices in your own currency so you see the price in a form that makes sense to you.

Please disregard the inevitable $ sign that the EHam site has insisted on putting on the price box - it's NOT $85.

It has ten sections which taper-jam into each other as you extend it upwards. I'm using mine with a couple of fine cable ties embracing the mast, with a cheap carabiner linked to those. I put thin line through this arrangement, hoist the pole to the required height and then use the thin (50lb BS monofilament)line to raise the antenna centre to its working height. The ends are supported by other, shorter, telescopic poles with their top three sections removed to stiffen them up for the job. This works well.

First time out I added three extra countries to my list - Togo, Thailand and Albania. Second time out, added Algeria - plus had a good number of other contacts with previously contacted countries. First time I heard Japan too...

Getting away from the electrical noise that makes such a mess of HF in a typical town house made a lot of difference from working at home where I commonly have a noise level of up to S8.

So you might say I'm pretty happy with this mast.

It's a simple product, but it scores with its quality of manufacture. Life has shown me time and again that buying cheaper has a way of ending up with the need to write another cheque later on. Plus, you deprive yourself of the pleasure of having made the better choice in the first place.

There's a picture on my QRZ page of my last outing using this product if anyone is interested.