Reviews Categories | Ham Software - Other than logging | W2APRS Help

Reviews Summary for W2APRS
W2APRS Reviews: 3 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $Freeware
Description: W2APRS is an Android application for APRS mapping. It receives the waypoint data of APRS stations from a transceiver, and displays their locations on the Google Map.

More info: http://www.qsl.net/ja7ude/SmartPhone/w2aprs/indexe.html

You can write your own review of the W2APRS.

KF7IWZ Rating: 2/5 Feb 18, 2017 05:46 Send this review to a friend
FTM-400XDR - W2APRS inconsistant decode  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The app works well but more than half of the APRS messages received don't decode the icon and say they don't have location information, so they don't show on the map. My FTM-400XDR decodes and shows it all. With APRSIS/32 everything was decoded every time. Same Radio, same cabling.

If this were to get fixed, this app would be a solid "5". Love the layout and functionality.

Watched all the videos and tested all the variables but I haven't been able to find any way to give or get feedback.

N7KFD Rating: 5/5 Mar 15, 2016 04:41 Send this review to a friend
Great program  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I was using APRSDroid until I purchased a TH-D72 and had no way to connect the two. That is when I discovered W2APRS and I was able to use the D72 with USB and OTG cables. The app also has bluetooth capabilities. It was extremely easy to setup and works flawlessly. You can download maps straight through the app which can take some time depending on how close you want to be able to zoom in and some areas are slow to load if you travel any serious distance. If you're just driving through town you won't have any problems, the only time you'll notice it is on a drive of two hours or longer. All in all I like it and it's now my go to for APRS.

AC2KW Rating: 5/5 May 8, 2015 05:06 Send this review to a friend
Displays APRS from Radio on your Android phone.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I downloaded the app not expecting it to work since it had not been tested on a Galaxy S5. I bought a USB to MicroUSB Adapter from Samsung (you can probably find it cheaper) and connected it to the cable that came with my FT-1DR (SCU-19). With the radio setup for output of waypoint and 9600 baud and receiving APRS I connected the cable to the Galaxy and it asked what program to use and I selected W2APRS and it immediately started displaying received contacts from radio and showing locations on Google Map. A new version is available that uses Open Street Maps which I haven't tried which allows the downloading of maps prior to going to your location.