Reviews Categories | Power Supplies | TekPower TP30SWII Help

Fuse: 110V, 8A
Dimensions: 7.5 X 2.8 X 7.5 inches
Weight: 6 lb
Heat Sink
Fan activated only when needed
More info: http://www.amazon.com/TekPower-TP30SWII-Analog-Switching-Supply/dp/B00L2M2Y5O/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1431472992&sr=1-3&keywords=tekpower+power+supply

You can write your own review of the TekPower TP30SWII.

W3GHZ Rating: 4/5 Nov 26, 2016 08:21 Send this review to a friend
Seems good  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've had this power supply for about 6 months and it performs well. However, the voltage adjustment never worked (but is nicely pegged at 13.8 VDC) and recently the voltage meter has completely stopped working. It is nice and quiet and hardly gives off any heat.

I suspect that I will eventually replace it with a better unit that has a working voltage meter. But will keep this for other uses (uController lab work, etc).

N6AIR Rating: 5/5 May 12, 2015 16:34 Send this review to a friend
Low price, more features, well made  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The old power supply I had for my radios bit the dust and was beyond repair so I did some research before I replaced it with this one.

I was hesitant to buy it because I was wondering what I'd get for only $100 and I still have unfounded prejudice about things made in China. For decades, "Made in China" meant cheap in quality as well as price. Old attitudes die hard. The truth is, I'm finding that electronics made in China are even better than those made in Japan. This power supply is further evidence.

What I like about it:

1. It has the look and feel of something well made. There is no cheap plastic feel to it. The knobs aren't loose. Everything is solid.

2. The analog meter, unlike the photograph, has distinct lines and it's easy to read.

3. It is virtually silent. So far, the fan hasn't had a need to come on.

4. The volt and amp meter functions come in very handy. A power supply with a meter is a must-have.

5. There are three ports for power. Snap in output, cigar lighter, and terminal. The convenience of having multiple ports is very nice.

6. I haven't used the variable power feature or the noise off-set, but it's nice to know they're there.

7. It is a fraction of the size of my previous power supply.

8. The low price

I can't say this will last a long time because I just got it. And I can't say how it performs when driven to the limit because I've just run it at 8 amps. But so far, I am very pleased.