Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Par Electronics OmniAngle Antennas Help

Reviews Summary for Par Electronics OmniAngle Antennas
Par Electronics OmniAngle Antennas Reviews: 27 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: The OmniAngle series of antennas accomplishes what the Halo and Turnstile started out to do- provide a clean omnidirectional, horizontally polarized antenna.
More info: http://www.parelectronics.com/antenna.html

You can write your own review of the Par Electronics OmniAngle Antennas.

N6JET Rating: 5/5 May 14, 2016 10:58 Send this review to a friend
Perfect Attic Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The OA-50 horizontal omni antenna is just great and I could not be more pleased with my purchase. This is the perfect antenna for an attic installation. The precision sliding joints are awesome and made installation a breeze.

W3FOX Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2015 21:48 Send this review to a friend
Quality 6 Meter Antenna That Performs  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had been using my G5RV as a quick way to try out 6 meters. While I was able to make some contacts, the SWR was high and could not get the full 100 watts out of my IC-7000. Someone I spoke with suggested the PAR OV-50. I contacted Dale (the owner) to ask a few questions. He was a delight to deal with. The antenna was delivered promptly by UPS and took only a few minutes to assemble. The antenna is very high quality and I decided to try it a my vacation QTH, 4,000 yards from the Atlantic Ocean, where everything except stainless steel corrodes. This antenna and hardware is SS. I mounted the OV-50 at the end of a 6 foot aluminum flagpole which was placed into a bracket attached to the railing of my condo balcony about 35 feet off the ground. Used an antenna analyzer to make minor adjustments without any tools and fired up the rig. With 100 watts I soon made SSB QSOs with KP4, VE, ID, FL, OH, AR, MS, and a bunch of other states. I couldn't believe how well this antenna performed. It worked so well, I ordered a second OV-50 for my home QTH. If you have space limitations and can't put up a beam, this antenna is the way to go!

N4API Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2014 15:13 Send this review to a friend
OA-50 was easy to install  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent a personal check and I received the OA-50 in just days.
Got it up in no time, assembly could not be simpler and the SWR was so low that I did not have to adjust it at all. The Youtube video they have created is very useful.
Check-in to the local 6 meter net was easy.
Seems to be a great antenna, and Dale answers your emails at warp speed.
Now I am drooling over the SM-50.

WD4AB Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2013 18:22 Send this review to a friend
AO-50 Awesome on Contest!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the AO-50 based on the reviews and I am not disappointed. My rotor broke and my beams were stuck pointed north. I received the AO-50 tuned her up to 1.3 swr and set up at 25 ft. I made a bunch of contacts and busted pile ups on 6 meter during the contest today. South America, Caribbean, Mexico and all over the USA. This thing really works great, better than any other loop that I have ever tried. It is well built and easy to tune. Dale is a pleasure to deal with and from the purchasing to the actual set-up and performance it has been a great experience. I will buy more and stack them. If you need an antenna with a small footprint but huge performance look no further and get the AO-50 you will not regret it.

N3OUN Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2013 08:02 Send this review to a friend
Nice!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
OA-50 works fine. Watched an assembly video before receiving shipment, then followed directions for a loose fit, tightened things down, deployed, and caught some good conditions for contacts two and three states away. Fits nicely in my balcony antenna farm, which can be deployed and removed in a matter of minutes each way. Contest ready!

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2013 12:32 Send this review to a friend
It's the bechmark  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have it installed for about 1 and a half year.
You can install it in few seconds and works without a single issue. Mechanically is great and works very well even with QRP. I noticed that SWR during snow and rain raises slightly on the high side of the band. In my case SWR is very low close to 1 from 50 to 50.2Mhz. As for receiving, even using very low dynamic range receivers such as R820T RTL SDR sticks, this antenna is able to reject quite well FM broadcasts 88-108Mhz as well as HF. Surely I would buy it again and I am thinking to order the HF, 2m and 70cm versions too.

K3HWG Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2013 09:52 Send this review to a friend
great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Emailed Dale for cost and shipping. He responded within 4 hours. Shipped within 2 days with arrival 3 days after that. Not a problem because 6 meters was not opened. Antenna was easily assembled, tuned and installed (less that an hour). The next day made contact with a station 1000 miles away (he sounded like he was next door). Best bang for the buck I've spent.

W4VHF Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2012 13:24 Send this review to a friend
Quick to tune (without tools)  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
PAR 2M Loops:
Quick to tune (without tools) by adjusting ends of Delta configuration. Balun being built-in and antenna isolated from the mast...mean no feed line or mast radiation as in other designs. Antenna gain of 4-stack is 250% over single Omni. Light-weight; takes-up virtually no room. Seven Rover Championships in seven CQ VHF contests. Available: 6M, 2M, 22 MHz & 432 MHz.

Ted Goldthorpe (W4VHF)

CT1DRB Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2012 16:28 Send this review to a friend
Excelent.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have purchased this antenna to Dale after I read comments about his antenna. Due to my conditions I could not erect a directional (condo problems) antenna, so this antenna is perfect for my needs.

Material is super and it has been very easy to assemble it. SWR is flat 1:1 from 50.000 to 52.000, being a 100 % CW operator it is fine for me.

This weekend 50mhz has been very good indeed and I have worked, with 25 watts output (maximum legal power in Portugal for 6m), several European stations, also a 4Z station, 2 NA stations and one VE station. I have listened FJ/W6JKV but no luck to work him, to much stations.

In total I am very happy with antenna.

Best 73 to all.

CT1DRB
David Quental

K7TCE Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2011 10:43 Send this review to a friend
Well Built High Quality Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just deployed one of Dale's A0-50s. It went together in 5 minutes. When the the two loop arm ends were adjusted to just under 2 inches extending from the cross-arm I had a 1:1 VSWR +/- 50.2 Mhz, with a 2.0:1 between 49.7 and 50.7 Mhz. Materials used are top-notch and the quality of machining is far superior to the other amateur antenna products that I've owned.