Reviews Categories | Antennas: VHF/UHF+ Omnidirectional: verticals, mobile, etc | Par Electronics OmniAngle Antennas Help

Reviews Summary for Par Electronics OmniAngle Antennas
Par Electronics OmniAngle Antennas Reviews: 25 Average rating: 4.9/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: The OmniAngle series of antennas accomplishes what the Halo and Turnstile started out to do- provide a clean omnidirectional, horizontally polarized antenna.
More info: http://www.parelectronics.com/antenna.html

You can write your own review of the Par Electronics OmniAngle Antennas.

N4API Rating: 5/5 Mar 7, 2014 15:13 Send this review to a friend
OA-50 was easy to install  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Sent a personal check and I received the OA-50 in just days.
Got it up in no time, assembly could not be simpler and the SWR was so low that I did not have to adjust it at all. The Youtube video they have created is very useful.
Check-in to the local 6 meter net was easy.
Seems to be a great antenna, and Dale answers your emails at warp speed.
Now I am drooling over the SM-50.

WD4AB Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2013 18:22 Send this review to a friend
AO-50 Awesome on Contest!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the AO-50 based on the reviews and I am not disappointed. My rotor broke and my beams were stuck pointed north. I received the AO-50 tuned her up to 1.3 swr and set up at 25 ft. I made a bunch of contacts and busted pile ups on 6 meter during the contest today. South America, Caribbean, Mexico and all over the USA. This thing really works great, better than any other loop that I have ever tried. It is well built and easy to tune. Dale is a pleasure to deal with and from the purchasing to the actual set-up and performance it has been a great experience. I will buy more and stack them. If you need an antenna with a small footprint but huge performance look no further and get the AO-50 you will not regret it.

N3OUN Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2013 08:02 Send this review to a friend
Nice!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
OA-50 works fine. Watched an assembly video before receiving shipment, then followed directions for a loose fit, tightened things down, deployed, and caught some good conditions for contacts two and three states away. Fits nicely in my balcony antenna farm, which can be deployed and removed in a matter of minutes each way. Contest ready!

KD7RDZI2 Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2013 12:32 Send this review to a friend
It's the bechmark  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have it installed for about 1 and a half year.
You can install it in few seconds and works without a single issue. Mechanically is great and works very well even with QRP. I noticed that SWR during snow and rain raises slightly on the high side of the band. In my case SWR is very low close to 1 from 50 to 50.2Mhz. As for receiving, even using very low dynamic range receivers such as R820T RTL SDR sticks, this antenna is able to reject quite well FM broadcasts 88-108Mhz as well as HF. Surely I would buy it again and I am thinking to order the HF, 2m and 70cm versions too.

K3HWG Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2013 09:52 Send this review to a friend
great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Emailed Dale for cost and shipping. He responded within 4 hours. Shipped within 2 days with arrival 3 days after that. Not a problem because 6 meters was not opened. Antenna was easily assembled, tuned and installed (less that an hour). The next day made contact with a station 1000 miles away (he sounded like he was next door). Best bang for the buck I've spent.

W4VHF Rating: 5/5 Jul 30, 2012 13:24 Send this review to a friend
Quick to tune (without tools)  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
PAR 2M Loops:
Quick to tune (without tools) by adjusting ends of Delta configuration. Balun being built-in and antenna isolated from the mast...mean no feed line or mast radiation as in other designs. Antenna gain of 4-stack is 250% over single Omni. Light-weight; takes-up virtually no room. Seven Rover Championships in seven CQ VHF contests. Available: 6M, 2M, 22 MHz & 432 MHz.

Ted Goldthorpe (W4VHF)

CT1DRB Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2012 16:28 Send this review to a friend
Excelent.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have purchased this antenna to Dale after I read comments about his antenna. Due to my conditions I could not erect a directional (condo problems) antenna, so this antenna is perfect for my needs.

Material is super and it has been very easy to assemble it. SWR is flat 1:1 from 50.000 to 52.000, being a 100 % CW operator it is fine for me.

This weekend 50mhz has been very good indeed and I have worked, with 25 watts output (maximum legal power in Portugal for 6m), several European stations, also a 4Z station, 2 NA stations and one VE station. I have listened FJ/W6JKV but no luck to work him, to much stations.

In total I am very happy with antenna.

Best 73 to all.

CT1DRB
David Quental

K7TCE Rating: 5/5 Aug 20, 2011 10:43 Send this review to a friend
Well Built High Quality Antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just deployed one of Dale's A0-50s. It went together in 5 minutes. When the the two loop arm ends were adjusted to just under 2 inches extending from the cross-arm I had a 1:1 VSWR +/- 50.2 Mhz, with a 2.0:1 between 49.7 and 50.7 Mhz. Materials used are top-notch and the quality of machining is far superior to the other amateur antenna products that I've owned.

K0YW Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2011 06:07 Send this review to a friend
Long time use report of Par OA-50 and OA 144.  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased 4 OA-50 and 2 OA-444's in 2005. The OA-50 are stacked in a 4 element omni array on the side of my 90 ft rohn #55 tower. Spacing is 5/8 wave (12.5ft). The phasing harness is a Corporate feed using RG-11A/U Q sections 5/4 waves long. The array has performed exremely well in all propagation aspects. best dx includes Japan and Europe (Spain/Portugal)as well as WAS, VE and XE. On 2 meters I use the OA-144's in a stack both in mobile and portable use. It has also served me well for over six years of hard use.I give them both a well earned 5 rating.

KB4QQJ Rating: 5/5 Jun 29, 2011 23:42 Send this review to a friend
Perfect for Field Day!!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First class antenna and first class service. I received my OA-50 on Field Day morning.
It took about 8 minutes to assemble and 15 minutes later I was making my first contact, 9Y4VU in Trinidad! That was encouraging! Thirty minutes and 39 contacts later I had worked Trinidad 9Y4VU, to Maine, to Canada to Colorado. Not Field Day, but then worked VP9/KF4VTT. Operating the OA-50 from atop a 24 foot portable mast I use roving with my IC-703 and FT-817 you really can't ask for more. Followed the easy step by step instruction and right out of the box the OmniAngle had a very nice 1.2 to 1.5:1 VSWR across the most widely used portion of the band. Excellent bandwidth! I've since used it from roof top at 35 feet and it is far more omni-directional than my previous Secret Six antenna at 45 feet. The OA-50 at 35 feet, hears two S-units better than my previous "halo" does at 55 feet. I would highly recommend any of the PAR OmniAngles to anyone needing a truly Omni directional antenna that is solidly built, easily assembled and fairly priced!
And there is no better Customer Service than Dale at PAR Electronics.