Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Vertical, Wire, Loop | Eantenna EA10152040DXS Help

Reviews Summary for Eantenna EA10152040DXS
Reviews: 4 Average rating: 4.8/5 MSRP: $110.00
Description: Multiband dipole
More info: http://eantenna.es

You can write your own review of the Eantenna EA10152040DXS.

IZ6BYY Rating: 4/5 Jul 20, 2016 11:24 Send this review to a friend
Pretty good, but still not perfect  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I like this product and I would recommend it to a friend.
I'm giving 4 stars for the competitive price, the stainless steel hardware and the supplied balun.
There are, however, some shortcomings that prevented me from assigning full score to this antenna. Here they are:

1) NO DOCUMENTATION
The only piece of documentation that comes with the antenna is a single page drawing that supposedly shows how to space the separators. That's it!
Just to give you an idea of how poor documentation is, I had to call DXE in order to make sure the antenna came with a balun in it. It actually does, but the word "balun" does not appear anywhere in the product description, on the EA website or anywhere else. Even the sales associate himself was confused and needed to get back to me! The balun is actually there, but nobody will ever know unless they ask DXE or any other knowledgeable seller.
All things considered, comparing the EA documentation with the one on MFJ or Alpha Delta dipoles simply puts EA to shame.

2) TOO SHORT: I HAD TO ADD SOME WIRE ON 15 AND 10.
We are not talking about much... just a few inches, but still shouldn't a dipole always be longer that necessary so that you can eventually trim it down? In this case, instead, I had to ADD some length.
This is probably due to the fact that I installed it as an inverted V rather than straight, but again, maybe a better documentation could have clarified the implications of different kind of installations.

3) NO HOOK: YOU CANNOT EASILY HANG THE DIPOLE.
In order to install the dipole as an inverted V you need a hook to hang it by. There is no such hook so I had to tie a thin nylon cord around the central balun. Annoying.

4) THE SPACERS SHINE A LOT. THEY ALSO SEEM TO BE FRAGILE.
The plexiglass spacers as they move with wind reflect the sun and the moon. They actually flash as if someone pointed a flashlight straight to your face. Not exactly stealthy!
Not only that, but the material seems to be fragile: as I passed the wires in the holes, I always felt as if they were about to crack. I also wonder how well that material will resist UV rays and the other elements. In my opinion, a colored piece of simple plastic would have been much much better.

5) THE NAME IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REMEMBER, NOR TO PRONOUNCE.
Compare the name of this product with DX-EE or MFJ-17754. The name "EA10152040DXS" is simply a bad marketing decision.

Again: this is a nice dipole and I would buy it again. It simply isn't perfect like the company slogan would like to suggest.

Best 73's
Alain

VP9AD Rating: 5/5 Aug 22, 2015 06:21 Send this review to a friend
Welll Made Antennas  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
After purchasing an EA10152040DXS from EAntennas, I was so pleased with it that I have ordered 2 more. Great attention to detail and quality stainless hardware! Highly recommended!

VP9AD Rating: 5/5 Jul 8, 2015 05:44 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Antenna!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the EA10152040DXS from EAntennas for use at my Condo which is very restrictive! The antenna comes in a medium carton and requires a small amount of assembly, which took less than an hour. The 10, 15 and 20 meter dipoles required no adjustment right out of the box. The 40 meter traps are prewound and I had to trim each wire end to bring it into resonance. This took less than an hour, including hoisting and lowering the antenna. Altogether and excellent choice for a fixed antenna or for travelling. The best for me!

PD2MZ Rating: 5/5 May 19, 2015 02:06 Send this review to a friend
Great antenna  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
We used this antenna on a fieldday for special event station PC6LC.
We needed an easy antenna with a QRO balun.
this one is easy to tune about 13 meter long and not noisy like a end fed.
We used it on all the four bands without tuner and no reflected power on the Acom 1010 and made about 800 QSO's all over the world .