Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Yaesu FT-411E Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FT-411E
Yaesu FT-411E Reviews: 8 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $359.95
Description: 2M HT
More info: http://www.yaesu.com/amateur/ft411.html

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FT-411E.

LISTENER007 Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2014 02:04 Send this review to a friend
Great workhorse indeed  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had a few of these remarkable little radio's over the years and although I have sold all but the one I currently have, I have always come back for more. You know what it's like, you buy and sell then sometimes you regret selling so you buy another - that's my theme for the FT-411E. I bought this one new, lord knows how many years ago, maybe 14 or more years now, and I refuse to sell this one because it just keeps hanging in there doing what it was designed to do. It's a no frills 2 meter H/H radio with no bells and very few whistles but it just keeps going and going. It's a dying breed of radio that is a real workhorse and doesn't give any troubles and I still use it often even though I have other brand new models to choose from. If I am going out into the field and want guaranteed fuss free results, the FT-411E always comes with me. I replaced the original stubby antenna with one about 3 times longer and boy does this baby fly - guaranteed to perform, always. I use Sanyo 2700ma NiMH's (HR-3U - Orange, blue & white ones), the best NiMH battery in the world, and these last for a long time in this radio. The receive audio is not the highest quality sounding but it gets the job done. This radio is a 10 out of 10 radio, based on what it was designed to do versus what it actually does, and I love it.

That's all I am going to say.

KK7VY Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2012 16:56 Send this review to a friend
Takes a licking and keeps on ticking  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought my FT-411e new in 1989. This little HT has a HOT receiver. Best 2 meter FM HT ever built. Still works like new after 23 years. You can't improve on perfection.

ZL4IV Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2011 01:38 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Brought mine in the early 90's. Full expanded TX/RX so I could use it on the marine bands. A very good radio that has not aged. Upgrade to what?

KC0YEF Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2007 22:20 Send this review to a friend
Great rig all around  Time owned: more than 12 months
I keep buying these and they just keep working
Very Highly sought after 2M with tones

KC4GMY Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2003 23:43 Send this review to a friend
Owned one of these years - fantastic tranceiver!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Has held up for years - still works great! Highly recommended!

KC4RZW Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2003 15:04 Send this review to a friend
Great Performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had a 411E for over a decade, it has been a solid performer, used it while working many events. Added a bigger duck antenna. This radio has really been used. It is a solid single band 2m rig, and a legend in its own time. IMHO

KA7ZPW Rating: 5/5 Jun 4, 2003 02:28 Send this review to a friend
SOLID HT  Time owned: more than 12 months
Great HT. I own 2 of them, and cannot imagine life without one now. I just got into a nasty crash, sending my poor little 411 crashing ito the dashboard at about 60 mph. It broke one screw holding the case together, and dropped the battery. I squished it together, and it works like new. I've owned the older one since 1996, and my newer one for about 6 months. Rock solid and reliable. Best monoband HT I've used.

VE8NX Rating: 5/5 Dec 17, 2000 15:34 Send this review to a friend
Great HT if you want 2M only!!!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have been using Hts in work since the early 80's and for fun since becoming a Ham in 1992. Seen lots of good and bad.

I had a 411E from 1993 until recently when it went Tango Uniform after a bottle of suprisingly corrosive shower gel leaked into the bottom of my travel bag.

This is one tought little radio! It was dropped twice (that I know of) onto a concrete floor, once into a toilet (fortunatly and unused toilet) and survived a 400' fall from a helicopter - only cracking the AA case. After the fall I had it checked out at a radio shop and after they had put it through the test equipment they said it had better specs than most of the commercial HTs they serviced.

It is a very easy radio to use with plenty of bells and whistles. The essential programming steps are not hard to learn and although it is a small radio the keys are a reasonable size. Another plus is that Yaesu is still producing them after all these years.

I would recommend this HT to anyone who is looking for a single band 2m Ht.