Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Hand-held | Yaesu FT-411E Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FT-411E
Yaesu FT-411E Reviews: 12 Average rating: 4.7/5 MSRP: $359.95
Description: 2M HT
More info: http://www.yaesu.com/amateur/ft411.html

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FT-411E.

W1WM Rating: 5/5 Oct 27, 2015 09:40 Send this review to a friend
Timeless  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased my FT-411E in 1990 and it continues to perform flawlessly. It is probably the best, most reliable piece of gear I have ever owned.

W1WM Rating: 5/5 Jun 30, 2015 08:44 Send this review to a friend
Perhaps the finest 2m HT ever!  Time owned: more than 12 months
I have owned my FT-411E since 1990 and it has performed flawlessly since day 1.

PY4123SWL Rating: 1/5 Feb 23, 2015 10:19 Send this review to a friend
The worst transceiver I've had.  Time owned: more than 12 months
This was the first transceiver that bought new, for use with VHF. I bought it new and have much happy to pull it out of the box. I didn't know the size of my disappointment when it was using it soon.
At first, I noticed that the stations that came with S5 (in other equipment) were now received only S1 and noisy in this HT.
Nearby strong signals looks the very bad selectivity.
Shortly after, I bought a second hand IC-2GXAT, and noticed that in many cases it was much more sensitive than mobile transceivers.
It's a shame to compare a new sealed equipment with a used one.
Today I could not make an investment in a US$3,000 Yaesu radio with my sad previous experience.

KE4EEJ Rating: 5/5 Jan 26, 2015 10:04 Send this review to a friend
FT-411E (and it's "matching twin": FT-73R)  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've 'had' this little 2-meter radio about a month now... the story is: belonged to my Dad, who went SL many years ago (1999, he had dozens of radios). Only recently found this HT and it's Yaesu 'matching twin' 440/70cm model: the FT-73R (this one has an added dtmf pad, marked as a FTT-4).

Bought a battery eliminator pack (fits both) and fired them up. Both of the radios work great, good signal reports on them. Even the memory batteries charged up and still hold the freqs I've stored.

Obviously: these radios are 20 or so years old, been stored in box for probably 15+ years - yet they still work great. Must be solid as a rock!

LISTENER007 Rating: 5/5 Aug 28, 2014 02:04 Send this review to a friend
Great workhorse indeed  Time owned: more than 12 months
I've had a few of these remarkable little radio's over the years and although I have sold all but the one I currently have, I have always come back for more. You know what it's like, you buy and sell then sometimes you regret selling so you buy another - that's my theme for the FT-411E. I bought this one new, lord knows how many years ago, maybe 14 or more years now, and I refuse to sell this one because it just keeps hanging in there doing what it was designed to do. It's a no frills 2 meter H/H radio with no bells and very few whistles but it just keeps going and going. It's a dying breed of radio that is a real workhorse and doesn't give any troubles and I still use it often even though I have other brand new models to choose from. If I am going out into the field and want guaranteed fuss free results, the FT-411E always comes with me. I replaced the original stubby antenna with one about 3 times longer and boy does this baby fly - guaranteed to perform, always. I use Sanyo 2700ma NiMH's (HR-3U - Orange, blue & white ones), the best NiMH battery in the world, and these last for a long time in this radio. The receive audio is not the highest quality sounding but it gets the job done. This radio is a 10 out of 10 radio, based on what it was designed to do versus what it actually does, and I love it.

That's all I am going to say.

KK7VY Rating: 5/5 Feb 28, 2012 16:56 Send this review to a friend
Takes a licking and keeps on ticking  Time owned: more than 12 months
Bought my FT-411e new in 1989. This little HT has a HOT receiver. Best 2 meter FM HT ever built. Still works like new after 23 years. You can't improve on perfection.

ZL4IV Rating: 5/5 May 11, 2011 01:38 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: more than 12 months
Brought mine in the early 90's. Full expanded TX/RX so I could use it on the marine bands. A very good radio that has not aged. Upgrade to what?

KC0YEF Rating: 5/5 Aug 12, 2007 22:20 Send this review to a friend
Great rig all around  Time owned: more than 12 months
I keep buying these and they just keep working
Very Highly sought after 2M with tones

KC4GMY Rating: 5/5 Dec 27, 2003 23:43 Send this review to a friend
Owned one of these years - fantastic tranceiver!  Time owned: more than 12 months
Has held up for years - still works great! Highly recommended!

KC4RZW Rating: 5/5 Oct 22, 2003 15:04 Send this review to a friend
Great Performer  Time owned: more than 12 months
Have had a 411E for over a decade, it has been a solid performer, used it while working many events. Added a bigger duck antenna. This radio has really been used. It is a solid single band 2m rig, and a legend in its own time. IMHO