Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | RadioWavz Sentinel Hexbeam 20/10 Meters Help

Reviews Summary for RadioWavz Sentinel Hexbeam 20/10 Meters
RadioWavz Sentinel Hexbeam 20/10 Meters Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $650
Description: RadioWavz Sentinel Hexbeam fopr 20 meters and 10 meters.
More info: http://www.radiowavz.com/sentinel-hex-beams/

You can write your own review of the RadioWavz Sentinel Hexbeam 20/10 Meters.

KC7RUN Rating: 5/5 Jun 1, 2015 10:03 Send this review to a friend
Outstanding & Amazing  Time owned: more than 12 months
After being off the air for over six years I found myself back in the business of amateur radio. Of course the antenna was my first consideration. At the time I was a member of the Maritime Mobile Service Net as a NCS so my biggest concern was the 20 meter band. I needed a antenna that was directional, but would still have the ability to receive off the sides of the antenna in case a maritime mobile station was in trouble, or simply attempting to check into the network. I had heard other NCS stations that were always razor sharp and very loud. I inquired as to what they were using as an antenna. Each one of them said they were using a Hex-Beam. Being out of the game for as long as I was I was simply not familiar with the antenna. So, I did some more research and learned about the Hex-Beam and its design and functionality. After a short decision making process I decided to go with the RadioWavz 20/10 meter Sentinel Hex-Beam. I called Emmett on the phone and ask him if it was possible to build a two band antenna for me and he said yes. One week later I had it in the air. It took less than thirty minutes to build and get it up 32 feet. I used the antenna in Maritime Mobile of about a month before I decided to leave the organization (for my own personal reasons) but during that time I was told repeatedly that my signal was one of the loudest stations on 20 meters. That doesnít surprise me due to the fact that the antenna is rugged, solid and performs every time. I ran my Henry 3K at full legal limit when working as a NCS for Maritime Mobile, just in case. The antenna handled all the power I could through to it. If youíre looking for a rock solid, inexpensive, lightweight performance machine in your antenna system then the RadioWavz Sentinel Series Hex-Beam is exactly what you want. There simply isnít a substitute for perfection.