Reviews Categories | Receivers: General Coverage | SDR-Play RSP Help

Reviews Summary for SDR-Play RSP
SDR-Play RSP Reviews: 68 Average rating: 4.4/5 MSRP: $$149
Description: The RSP Radio Spectrum Processor is a new software defined receiver
covering 100khz - 2Ghz
More info: Http://www.sdrplay.com

You can write your own review of the SDR-Play RSP.

LU8EQ Rating: 5/5 Oct 16, 2016 05:29 Send this review to a friend
Great sdr receiver.  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
It is a great sdr receiver, paired with sdr uno software platform. It will not hurt your pocket and it is NOT just a cheap dvb dongle/converter in a box. Not at all! It has several preselector/filters and a low noise amplifier, making a great front end enhancement. I really enjoy sync AM reception of broadcasting stations, checking the bands for activity and listening to aircraft approach traffic. Installation is very simple and for that task the manufacturer's website will guide you thru step by step. I am very happy with it.

WC4R Rating: 5/5 Oct 4, 2016 08:26 Send this review to a friend
Best money spent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
For average and routine listening, this unit is fantastic. It is my first radio I turn on to see/hear what the bands are like. The best $150 I ever spent.

K0KS Rating: 4/5 Oct 4, 2016 06:54 Send this review to a friend
Performance Upgrade with New Software  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Initial performance was so poor that I just tossed it aside but Customer Support told me to try newer software. Yes.....the gain is controlled much better and I find that the SDR-Play to be nearly as good as my IC-706 MKII G receiver. A good HF antenna will still overload the A/D but a 10dB pad helps fix that. The frequency coverage and size make it an ideal take-along with any laptop computer. It performs well on portable antennas or even a lamp-cord.

MRTELECOM Rating: 5/5 Sep 21, 2016 09:24 Send this review to a friend
Very cool receiver  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Very very very good to MW, MF and HF band
More in Air band the reception is some poor.
More no problem
Im Pu5peo recommend this product.

WB9MSM Rating: 5/5 Sep 9, 2016 06:03 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Little Receiver  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
One thing I had forgotten to mention in my previous review that I think is very important. I have synched Win-EQF, CW Skimmer, HDSDR software and of course my KWD TS-590S to the exact same frequency. This in my opinion is an amazing feature to accomplish, as they are all talking to each other on the same page. It really, really makes it nice for being able to operate my SDRPlay as a Panadapter with a mouse click feature to be where I want to be in the band. Instantly I am there and able to work the station! Now that is nice and I felt this was certainly something worth mentioning. Just another reason that I am so impressed with the SDRPlay! 73, Denny

WB9MSM Rating: 5/5 Sep 8, 2016 09:25 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Little Receiver  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I recently installed the SDRPlay in combination with my KWD TS-590S and I am a HAPPY CAMPER! I am using HDSDR software which works absolutely fantastic with my rig. I had been contemplating getting a KWD TS-590SG so that I could do the SDRPlay but I really did not want to sell my TS-590S because it works so well. I ended up making the CN101 internal jumper for my rig and could not be more pleased! This is slick with the cable coming out the back of my rig I connected to the SDRPlay very easily. Furthermore, I have the CW Skimmer going with my SDRPlay and HDSDR. Really nice to be able to look at a wide range of spectrum! Simon and the gang at SDRPlay congratulations on hitting a home run with this very powerful little SDR receiver. By the way . . . no longer interested in the TS-590SG because my TS-590S works perfect with SDRPlay and is a KEEPER in the shack! 73 and see you in the pile-ups, Denny WB9MSM

W1QL Rating: 5/5 Sep 4, 2016 14:51 Send this review to a friend
Super Value  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The SDR-Play with the SDR-Uno software is a very competent package. I have used this to monitor LW from 24KHz to 252KHzand it does struggle in this spectrum with overload and image issues. Learn to use the manual gain control to minimize these issues. MW-860MHz I find the SDR to perform exceptionally well.
I find this unit a very capable FMDX receiver. The adjustable filters along with adjustable gain will enable you to pick out weak adjacent station next to the locals.
MW and Shortwave reception is on par with my IC-7300. Take the time to read the manual and learn how to use the controls/features to get the most from this receiver.
Is it perfect - no, but for $140 this is a great receiver and I would buy it again.

VE3GLA Rating: 5/5 Aug 23, 2016 11:18 Send this review to a friend
Works great as a panadapter for my K3  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I purchased the SDR-Play to use as a panadapter for my Elecraft K3, using the K3's IF output. I was having difficulty doing that with HDSDR, but then I discovered Win4k3suite and learned that the most recent version of it supports the SDR-Play. I downloaded the trial version and in minutes had it working with my SDR-Play. Win4K3suite seamlessly integrates my K3 and SDR-Play and now I have a high performance panadapter for a lot less price than a P3.

M3SKF Rating: 5/5 Aug 2, 2016 07:49 Send this review to a friend
LITTLE RED ROOSTER  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The SDR-play seems to work very well indeed,it takes some time to become familar with the SDRUNO software.However once you navigate round the comprehensive software package things start to work together quite well.Recommended you down load the SDRUNO cookbook by Paul NN4F & Mike KD2KOG (pdf),this is a good guide to start you off.Getting the best out of this set does take some time and a slow learning curve soon gets to grips with any intermod and other reported problems.This is a lovely SDR reciever at a very reasonable price point,im am enjoying using this radio.Fun inventive and intuitive im hooked with mine.

NO9E Rating: 5/5 Jul 31, 2016 10:06 Send this review to a friend
Greta for the price but some learning curve  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After tweaking the radio receives week signals on 2m pretty good and copies noisy 10m CW signals clearer than K3.

Tweaking means choosing the right apmplification and IF frequency. For instance, some signals that are distorted with 0 IF are excellent copy with nonzero IF.

It would be better if software would do the tweaking automatically. But for the price, it is hard to complain. A plastic enclosure means lower weight.