Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Mosley PRO-96 Help

Reviews Summary for Mosley PRO-96
- 6 Elements on 10

- 2 inch or 3 inch OD heavy wall boom Options

No measuring, Pre-drilled, Color coded
More info: http://www.mosley-electronics.com/pages/amateur/pro96.htm

You can write your own review of the Mosley PRO-96.

W7TAE Rating: 5/5 Apr 28, 2016 18:37 Send this review to a friend
Strength and Value  Time owned: more than 12 months
This antenna lived up to the promise. It is a giant killer on 40, and punches its weight on 20. On 17 15 and especially on 10 it is an amazing performer.

For a big antenna, it was easy to assemble- and I did get some great help from the factory on tuning it for my particular band segment.

It has survived all the winds and weather in the Northern Pacific NW.

I am turning it with a Yaesu 2800 and Green Heron controller both of which work flawlessly on the 72 foot tower.

I inspect it every spring, but no problems detected. I did put drains in the boom endcaps after getting a face full of water last spring.

Good value, built like a brick outhouse and trouble free.

MW0EDX Rating: 5/5 Jun 8, 2015 03:55 Send this review to a friend
Great Mosley product as always  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had used Mosley beams (TA-63N x 1, PRO-57B x 2) in the past. Install and forget. Just enjoy the DX, contests etc.

Then following the popular trend I purcahsed a Dream Beam series Steppir 40-6 m beam. The steppir was very sensitive to the UK weather with constant SWR issues. Alhough when the Steppir performed it as awsome.

So I ordered the PRO-96 (Back to Mosley, hi !). It took my team 2 days to assemble and raise the beam. SWR was as advertised or even better.

On 40m the resonance was on 7170, so we had to lengthen the reflector by a few inches (used the spare R8 Cushcraft element stubs) as the supplied tubes were a bit short.

SWR typically 1.0:1 on the resonance on 40,20,17 and 15 and 12m, 1.3 on 10 m.

Mosley customer support is beyond any expectations - they sorted our the delivery courier and taxes for me, so I had the PRO-96 delivered to my door (they also offred a cheper option to collect from the nearest aiport, but one of the boxes was quite long for my car).

So far the PRO-96 is STABLE (even in the winds/rain) and is working as advertised.

Well done, Mosley !