Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Force 12 C36XR Help

Reviews Summary for Force 12 C36XR
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: 10-40 meter yagi
More info: http://www.force12inc.com

You can write your own review of the Force 12 C36XR.

W0LSD Rating: 5/5 Dec 20, 2000 16:36 Send this review to a friend
40 Meter portion a killer.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
I have had the C36XR up for about 9 months now. I needed to replace an old work horse, the KT34XA that after 14 years was not performing. In Colorado you usually do these projects in the summer, but with good wx I actually installed it in the winter (FEB.) I hired a friend with a 100' crane to take down the 34XA and at the same time lift the 36XR to the top of 75' of rohn 25G. That is the only way to get it up there safely without busting up elements IMO. SWR curves are as advertised.
RESULTS: The 40 meter section (antenna is fed with 2 - 9913 runs about 150 feet long) was the pleasant surprise. It is tuned for minimum SWR at 7.080 and you can easily go to bottom for CW and about 7.2 without a tuner. I can work anything I can hear and several times beat out the east coast electronic curtain to EU and Africa. Amazed by that performance.
The 10 meter section is better than the 34XA and the 15 is far superior to the 34XA, which to me was the real short coming for the 34XA. The 20 meter section is a bit less in performance than the 34XA. I was not able to compare the 34XA and the 36XR side by side, but my test was how it performed against the Tennadyne T-8. I knew how the 34XA did against that antenna, so I compared the 36XR and the T-8. Not scientic like Steve and Wards Yagi test booklet, but at least it gave me some comparative information.
Overall, easy to put together and it sure solved my 40-10 problems. I have a Tennadyne T-8 for the WARC bands, so I was not interested in using the C36XR on 12/17.
Would highly recommend the antenna.
73 Ken W0LSD