Reviews Categories | Microphones | Adonis AM-308 Help

Reviews Summary for Adonis AM-308
Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $(missing—add MSRP)
Description: Condenser Desk microphone with built in amp

You can write your own review of the Adonis AM-308.

G4RNW Rating: 5/5 Jun 14, 2015 07:00 Send this review to a friend
Latest version of an old favourite  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have until recently, been using with my Icom 756 pro 111, an Adonis AM-303G purchased in 1983. Over the last year or so I have had problems with the PTT & LOCK switches, plus a suspected dry joint or a possible crack in the printed circuit board.

As I have had good service from this brand up until now and already had the correct mike lead, I opted for an update - the Adonis AM-308 desk mike. I have not been disappointed. The base is better constructed, now made from a one piece plastic moulding, as opposed to two pieces of shaped steel with self tapping screws plus screwed on plastic trim, as on the 303 and most importantly, none of the switches are mechanical. They are all of the modern touch type.

The whole presentation is much better, as one would expect after 30 years. Reports are so far very good. I did however find it necessary to adjust mic. gain and raise the bass settings slightly on the rig to achieve satisfactory results. This proved no problem. I would recommend this to anyone requiring a modestly priced desk mike.