Reviews Categories | QRP Radios (5 watts or less) | V3 Frog Sounds HAM Radio QRP Kit Telegraph CW Transceiver Receiv Help

Reviews Summary for V3 Frog Sounds HAM Radio QRP Kit Telegraph CW Transceiver Receiv
V3 Frog Sounds HAM Radio QRP Kit Telegraph CW Transceiver Receiv Reviews: 4 Average rating: 3.3/5 MSRP: $27.91
Description: 1-3 watt qrp tranceiver
More info: http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/frog-sound-QRP

You can write your own review of the V3 Frog Sounds HAM Radio QRP Kit Telegraph CW Transceiver Receiv.

KE5LZL Rating: 1/5 Sep 6, 2015 20:08 Send this review to a friend
Fail  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
After the first reviews , I've tried everything...
even changing out components. I notice that audio is not as sensitive anymore,, tried changing out audio amp..
I also tried hooking up a small wire to C1 and I do get some CW signal.. but still not loud enough with standard earphones... have to use computer amplifier..
I rather stick to MFJ cub or other.
Don't ever plan on building this kit again..

KE5LZL Rating: 2/5 Jul 29, 2015 06:16 Send this review to a friend
no receive audio  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
after several weeks the Receive audio is not working as it should... have to hook up audio amp to jack to hear .....too bad this particular kit is nice looking.

I now declare that I will stick to MFJ-Cub

VE2ZMM Rating: 5/5 Jun 22, 2015 19:52 Send this review to a friend
Really nice kit...  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I ordered this kit without great expectations. After a month, I receive the kit with his little aluminum case. The quality is good and there no parts missing. I change the crystals for 7030. The card between fine in the case and there is no adjustment. The reception is very good. You can adjusted the RF. The potentiometer is placed at the rear, which can be welded on the board.

positive:
Low price, good quality, pleasant to work ...

negative:
One month wait, cystal 7023 ...

KE5LZL Rating: 5/5 Jun 20, 2015 13:28 Send this review to a friend
Careful construction needed  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
This is the second kit after finding out from the first one that burned out... what I found out was placing a spacer under the heat sink in the second kit solved the problem... make sure you solder the Transistor to the top circuit board first then the bottom then mount the screw through to the heatsink.
I also place a spacer under the crystals I've ordered, so it won't short out. . this kit comes with 7.023. so you might want to order some apart from this kit.
Other than that , take your time and pay attention to polarity on semiconductors and components.