Reviews Categories | Transmitters: Commercial/Military/Marine adaptable to ham use | Index Labs Super Senior Help

Reviews Summary for Index Labs Super Senior
Index Labs Super Senior Reviews: 5 Average rating: 4.0/5 MSRP: $1430.00
Description: PLL frequency control 375 watt duo-band 160/80m AM only transmitter.
More info: http://k7dyy.com

You can write your own review of the Index Labs Super Senior.

K6KBE Rating: 5/5 Sep 10, 2017 11:39 Send this review to a friend
VERY GOOD  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Got mine last month and have used it on both 80 and 40 meters. Audio reports are great. Only issue is the occasional trip on modulation peaks, and I am tailoring my audio processing to correct that. Otherwise, it is GREAT.

WA2DTW Rating: 5/5 Dec 26, 2016 11:13 Send this review to a friend
Great audio reports  Time owned: more than 12 months
I purchased the 160/75 version of the Super Senior several years ago. It is a light-weight, convenient powerhouse of a rig. Many spontaneous compliments on the audio quality (using a D104 with Bruce's original audio processor). One ham that I worked put a video of my transmission on youtube. Originally the 5kc interval between allowable frequencies on the synthesizer, but since then I modified to the new 1 kc interval.

W6OM Rating: 5/5 Dec 25, 2016 18:06 Send this review to a friend
Excellent  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
Bruce is a brilliant engineer and honest businessman. He replaced my first Super Senior with a new one. Many hours of AM operation on 40 and 75 meters. I am so pleased with the transmitter I cannot say enough good things about it or Bruce. Like AM? This is the way to go.

W6OM Rating: 0/5 Sep 30, 2016 19:48 Send this review to a friend
Stay Away  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
The Super Senior 80/40 version is simply not ready for prime time. Mine has been back 4 times and still not right. Great piece of engineering but not reliable for more than two weeks. Index Labs lacks QC and the ability to understand the customer experience. Save your money and buy an old reliable boat anchor.

NS5F Rating: 5/5 Jun 23, 2015 07:19 Send this review to a friend
Top Qualityy product and value  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
After playing around for a couple of decades with a wide variety of legacy AM transmitters ranging from Johnson Rangers, Globe King 500s, and a few broadcast transmitter conversions I finally decided I was tired of keeping these old rigs in operation. Old transmitters are fun but are much like old cars, fun to drive but you'll spend more time under the hood than in the drivers seat.
After looking around for an affordable solution I finally narrowed it down to the Super Senior.

The Super Senior from Index Labs is an excellent example of quality engineering and a fantastic "bang for the buck". The "super" covers the two most popular AM bands 160 and 80 meters with a whooping 375 watts of carrier and EXCELLENT PDM modulation. Plus it takes up only 4 rack spaces and weighs 10 pounds! 10 pounds is less weight than the HV choke in any plate modulated tube rig HIHI

I have owned my second hand Super for around a year and have always received great unsolicited comments on my audio quality. This using a D-104 with the DYY microphone processor. While I have several racks of audio processing equipment available including an Orban AM Optimod, I've just not felt the need to use them. The Super lives up to it's name in every respect.

Recently when my super developed a problem I inquired about service. Bruce (Index Labs) said send it in. I ask about costs and Bruce said "warranty" (free) even AFTER I told him I was the second owner..WOW!!! You won't get that kind of support from ANY of the major manufactures..

If you wishing to try a legacy mode like AM, or if you are tired of keeping your old AM rig patched together and are looking for a top quality AM transmitter with TOP NOTCH support that doesn't require two men and a mule to move around, I highly recommend the "Super Senior" as well as ANY product from Index Labs. The "major" manufactures could learn a thing or two from Bruce as his product and his support is one of, if not THE finest available at any price.

When Bruce introduces his new 80/40 transmitter, I will be one of the first in line to buy it. As a former broadcast Chief Engineer I can tell you this is a top notch well engineered transmitter and the best money can buy period...73 NS5F