Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Momobeam MB1 30-40 Help

Reviews Summary for Momobeam MB1 30-40
Momobeam MB1 30-40 Reviews: 1 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $499
Description: 30 and 40 meter rotatable dipole
More info: http://www.momobeam.eu/shop/30-meters-10-mhz/mb1-30-40/?lang=en

You can write your own review of the Momobeam MB1 30-40.

K6TW Rating: 5/5 Jul 3, 2015 11:20 Send this review to a friend
Great price on a hard to find band combo  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have a 2 element hexbeam for 6-20m and was previously using that a homebrew linearly loaded 40m dipole to get on the low bands. That was great until I got a Heathkit SB-220 and one of the wires on the dipole melted, so I set out to find something a bit more rugged. I missed 30 meters, so new I wanted a 30/40 combo, but I kept coming up short in my search. Sure, there was a mod for the Hygain 40m dipole that adds relays and allows you to switch to 30m, but I didn't want the added complexity and possibility of something going wrong, which would necessitate another tower climb. I also wanted something with a bit more quality. So, I kept looking and still didn't find anything until I stumbled upon Momobeam, based in Italy. After several email exchanges with prompt responses and seeing the manual, I felt confident in purchasing from them. The antenna arrived in good time and before long I had it assembled and up in the air. Assembly was fairly easy and straightforward, even with only an Italian version of the manual and all the parts were of good quality aluminum and stainless steel. Heck, they even included a bag of spare parts- something many more antenna manufacturers should consider. The couple of questions I sent via email were replied to quickly . The tuning was minimal as it comes pretuned and tested from the factory. Now that it's up, I've had good success with it and it handles full legal limit without any problem. All in all, I'm very pleased with this product as I expect it will last a long time and the price, even including shipping to the US, was less than what you might pay for 40m-only dipole here in the US that would need modifications to work on both 30m and 40m.