Reviews Categories | Antennas: HF: Yagi, Quad, Rotary dipole, LPDA | Titanex TB-7 Help

Reviews Summary for Titanex TB-7
Reviews: 2 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $1260
Description: 7 band, 5 element beam

You can write your own review of the Titanex TB-7.

TZ6BB Rating: 5/5 Jan 28, 2018 03:43 Send this review to a friend
Light and efficient multi band beam  Time owned: more than 12 months
I chose this antenna because of its light weight and its impressive band coverage.
I think the manual could be improved a bit, but the antenna comes pre assembled anyway, and the rest is nearly intuitive.
My TB7 is sitting on top of a tower, about 20m high. I rotate it with a Yaesu 450. To feed the antenna I use parallel "tape" line, which goes to a Stockcorner JC4 remote autotuner.
I am extremely happy with the results. The antenna is still up there after about a year, standing harsh climatic conditions here in Congo without protesting. Great stuff
73, Fernando 9Q6BB
DF2OF Rating: 5/5 Jul 6, 2015 03:40 Send this review to a friend
Perfect lightweight beam  Time owned: more than 12 months
I replaced my old FB-33 with the TB-7 and it was a real experience to hear stations I never knew existed before. It performes much better. The beam is fed via open wire and matched via a symmetrical tuner (AT-502 in my case). I got mine used, but assembly was straight forward and easy to do. The main advantage of this antenna is the low weight, it weighs only 14kg!
On 30/40m it operates as dipole, on 10-20m (incl. WARC) as 3 element yagi, no traps, no losses. I am using Titanex twincom cable from the antenna to the remote tuner on my mast, but you could use a 1:4 balun and coax as well.
The antenna is very flexible and has survived quite some storms with more than 120km/h gusts 11m above ground without any problem at all.
I can only recommend this antenna and give it a 5.