Reviews Categories | Transceivers: VHF/UHF+ Amateur Base/Mobile (non hand-held) | Yaesu FTM-100D Help

Reviews Summary for Yaesu FTM-100D
Yaesu FTM-100D Reviews: 39 Average rating: 4.2/5 MSRP: $480.00
Description: The FTM-100DR VHF/UHF Dual Band Transceiver, an exciting new
way to enter into Yaesu's revolutionary world of System
Fusion C4FM Digital Communications. The FTM-100DR's single
receiver design provides 50 solid Watts of RF power on both
the 144 and 430 MHz amateur radio bands, while still being
host to a feature packed suite of both C4FM Digital and FM
Analog communications capabilities that fit every amateur
radio operators needs.

Designed with simplicity and convenience in mind, the FTM-
100DR's highly visible and compact 160 x 40 pixel graphical
dot-matrix display can be detached from the body of the
radio and remotely mounted providing even more installation
options. This vibrant white LED backlit display provides a
clear and crisp view of the radios current operating status,
not limited to GPS Information, SD Card status, and
Operating band name/memory channel tags (Alphanumeric).

The FTM-100DR operates in three (3) Digital modes and an (1)
Analog mode to suit your needs. This feature packed radio is
our first Digital Mobile equipped with our new Automatic
Mode Select (AMS) function that instantly detects the
received signal mode. The AMS function enables stress-free
operation and eliminates the need to manually switch between
communication modes.
More info: http://https://www.yaesu.com/indexVS.cfm?cmd=DisplayProducts&ProdCatID=106&encProdID=3F8B6B6AF1EC22B82F01E68C1E0F0BA6&DivisionID=65&isArchived=0

You can write your own review of the Yaesu FTM-100D.

N7JPF Rating: 5/5 Sep 30, 2017 16:07 Send this review to a friend
Clean Radio, easy program  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
The local repeaters have gone to System Fusion, and being a member of Emer.Serv. I needed to get on board. I have not cared for the feel of the 400, so have waited. Now I got the 100, and really like the feel of it. I did not purchase programming software, as I have manually and field programmed many radios, and this one is not difficult to program memories manually. Took me about an hour or two to program 20 memories, and since it will be a base, no need to program any mems out of the area. It is a nice radio, and so far seems to have a better receive than my older kenwood 2/440... I think it will be excellent for what I need, and give me the Digital that is required locally. Gud job Yaesu

NK7J Rating: 2/5 Sep 19, 2017 13:33 Send this review to a friend
Follow up, not so good.  Time owned: 6 to 12 months
So I still like some of the features of the radio, you can read my earlier review about it.
I have two of these radios, both mounted in vehicles. Both have had issues with heat/cold. One of them the speaker quit working, it works fine with external speaker. Started when the weather turned warmer this summer.

The 2nd radio developed a similar issue, intermittent audio when its cold in the mornings.

Both of them have noticeable noise on the analog transmit signal once you get them warm from transmitting. I have experimented with them and the noise starts after about 10 mins of back of forth conversation. At first I thought it was vehicle noise but I brought one to the bench and could easily duplicate it on a very stable power supply. Most of the time its not too terrible, I could measure it around .5Khz of deviation but if you let it get nice and warm it peaks around 1.2Khz.

So needless to say I am far less impressed now than a few months back.

SAPPHIRE Rating: 5/5 Jun 6, 2017 01:04 Send this review to a friend
Good rx good tx  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
Great receiver with great sensitivity for small signals, powerful transmitter with over 50 watts in vhf and uhf and adjustable modulation. Small but well-readable display. Low power consumption especially in reception, good for the car battery.

OE5BFM Rating: 5/5 May 16, 2017 13:57 Send this review to a friend
pleasantly surprised  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
First I was a bit skeptic but now I am positively surprised!
I did the firmware update and the first settings without any problems. The receiver seems to be very sensitive. The readability of the display is fine and the menue-structure is understandable and logical for me. The fan is relatively quiet and not so loud than the original fan (I changed it) from my FT-7900. Also it is only running after some seconds transmitting and not during receive.

Of course there is a lot to learn about the new possibilities of this radio, but thats the fun!

SQ5TSS Rating: 5/5 Apr 24, 2017 07:14 Send this review to a friend
Great receiver  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I've owned my ftm-100de for a few months now, and I am totally satisfied with it. The controls are laid out logically and are easy to understand. The display is bright and clear and not unnecessarily complicated. The receiver is sensitive, and contacts report great audio. Air band has a beautiful sound

SQ5TSS Rating: 5/5 Apr 3, 2017 09:28 Send this review to a friend
Great  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
I have had this little radio for a couple of weeks now and I am very pleased with it. Like others have said, it is a joy to use.
The loudspeaker for the radio is great. Most of the time I add an external speaker to a radio because my hearing is not what it used to be. Not with this radio, I am using the stock speaker with no problems. For the price, you cannot go wrong with this radio.
Audio Am Air band is excellent

AF5IU Rating: 5/5 Feb 2, 2017 16:34 Send this review to a friend
Wonderful radio!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
No thanks to HRO who refused to do business with me because I returned a few radios 3 years ago, I got my hands on this little jewel from another online company. This is my second C4FM radio. I received the FTM-3200 several days ago. That is also a great radio but that one only transmits in digital narrow or 6.25KHz. No thanks to Yaesu technical support, I found this out myself because they knew nothing about that radio. The FTM-100 will allow full 12.5KHz wide digital transmission for voice only. The fan on this radio is also VERY QUIET like the one on the FTM-3200 despite what you hear from other hams. I use both radios in my home. I am hooked on C4FM now. Yaesu, keep up the good work!

N7IGW Rating: 5/5 Jan 27, 2017 08:59 Send this review to a friend
Great Little radio!  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I have only had it 4 days but I am impressed, so much and so small , good audio from the stock speaker.
I have owned several dual band radios over the last 25 years and this one is as good as any of them, maybe even better.
I had to use a hand me down PC for programing because I have a Mac ( They don 't make software for it ( RT Systems is working on that ) and that caused some connection issues. But after several attempts it worked and all is good.Plus it comes with everything you need, I recommend you use the RT Systems software ( the Yaesu program they provide is very hard to use (read bad) it would not find the radio, the RT program worked smoothly no issues. 73s
They are on sale at HRO for $295.95 and at that price for all it will do you can't beat it. I will come back with an in depth review after using it for some time

N4THC Rating: 5/5 Dec 31, 2016 07:39 Send this review to a friend
Easy to Read Display  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Prior to this, I owned a Kenwood TM-731a for 26years as my mobile/base dual band. What led me to the FTM-100DR was the digital capability as well as the APRS. I was not needing true receive two frequencies at once in a radio. The display on it is so easy to read. I also like how the APRS messages are accessed and display. If you are wanting to get deep into APRS though, you must dedicate this radio to just that. Receiving APRS is fine but to transmit, you must dedicate it to that mode.

I moved this radio to the car. I missed it so much, I had to buy a second one for in the house.

Only negative comment is the PTT on the mic is WAY too easy to activate.

ON4VP Rating: 5/5 Dec 11, 2016 23:58 Send this review to a friend
Good packages  Time owned: 3 to 6 months
Love all the functions in this package. Use the radio mainly for aprs and fm/fusion. Even indoors it manage to pick up satellites. The previous reviewer told about Windows 10. Plugging in the supplied usb cable my windows 10 recognized it without any problems and configured a com port. Worked out of the box to read and write from an to the radio.