Reviews Categories | Antenna parts, accessories, incl. baluns, hardware, etc. | Vari-Ten Antenna Tensioners Help

Reviews Summary for Vari-Ten Antenna Tensioners
Vari-Ten Antenna Tensioners Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $74.50 - 145.00 Depending on Mode
Description: The Vari-Ten wire antenna Tensioner is a unique antenna
accessory for amateur radio operators to protect wire
antennas from damage when the support trees sway in the
wind. Tensioners are an antenna shock absorber, calibrated
wire Tensioner, and end insulator all in one stealthy unit
that easily hides in the tree top canopy. Or they can be
mounted vertically or on an angle at ground level. They are
simple to install, rugged, and will automatically control
wire tension, antenna sag, and absorb shock when the wind
moves the support trees. Installation and all adjustments
are done from the ground with no need to climb a tree.
More info: http://antennatensioner.com/drupal/

You can write your own review of the Vari-Ten Antenna Tensioners.

N0RCN Rating: 5/5 May 20, 2017 10:06 Send this review to a friend
Excellent Product and Customer Service  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I've got the Model 30-100 and it's reciprocal holding up my Buckmaster 7-Band 3KW 135 foot OCF between two trees on the property. The whole length is about 170 feet. I'm using 3/16th wire rope between the antenna insulators and the tensioners, and then from the tensioners to the pulleys in the trees and down to the trunk near the ground. I'm using Mastrant rope as a messenger line for the balun. I've already observed the tensioners doing their thing in the wind. 40 pounds of pull works great, and is easy to judge due to the colored balls that come out of the tensioner. I had a couple of questions for Dick / K4JJW who manufactures these. He was quickly forthcoming with answers that exceeded my expectations. I would wholeheartedly recommend these for anyone putting up a long wire antenna.

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Nov 13, 2016 17:01 Send this review to a friend
Survived Matthew  Time owned: more than 12 months
My Inverted L survived Hurricane Matthew! This is spite of having a fallen branch hooked on it for several hours until the changing wind managed to blow it off.

KG4RUL Rating: 5/5 Jul 10, 2015 14:14 Send this review to a friend
Easy to use and Well made  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I bought the pair of tensioners to allow me to place an Inverted 'L' between two trees in my front yard. I am using the antenna with a 4:1 UNUN, a field of eight surface radials and an LDG Remote TUner. They are unobtrusive when installed.