Reviews Categories | Antenna Analyzers | Array Solutions AIM 4300 Help

Reviews Summary for Array Solutions AIM 4300
Array Solutions AIM 4300 Reviews: 3 Average rating: 5.0/5 MSRP: $495
Description: Antenna/Lab RF Analyzer
More info: http://www.arraysolutions.com/antenna-analyzers%20/aim-4300

You can write your own review of the Array Solutions AIM 4300.

N0TES Rating: 5/5 Oct 7, 2017 16:38 Send this review to a friend
The final word  Time owned: more than 12 months
The AIM 4300 provides the final and published scans for every HF Antenna that we build. What more of a testimony do you need than that!?

So you likely wanted more in a review. Well, because we require analysis in the lab and in the field, the AIM 4300 is connected to a Tablet With Windows 10 installed. We then also run the power port on the AIM 4300 off a solar/rechargeable lithium ion battery pack. This enables our development team to provide field results with a great deal of accuracy. This accuracy is shown when the AIM 4300 has been benchmarked alongside several commercial grade units.

Bottom line is that for the price of this unit, you’ll not find a more accurate analysis,

WA5ULI Rating: 5/5 Oct 25, 2016 12:20 Send this review to a friend
New AIM 4300  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I just bought an AIM 4300. It is designed to work with a windows computer as most of the calculations are done in the PC.

Set-up was very rapid and calibration is fast. With a 50 ohm load I got a flat 1.0:1 SWR for 0-300MHz.

From that I measured my gap Titan. Within 15 seconds I had a detailed scan ready to print including SWR, Z (signed), and phase angle.

I am impressed. I will update when I have more experience!

Charlie

K1AY Rating: 5/5 Jul 16, 2015 09:44 Send this review to a friend
The perfect choice for me  Time owned: 0 to 3 months
I had been wanting to purchase an antenna analyzer. I have never owned one before. After doing my homework and reading the various online forums, I decided to purchase the AIM 4300. From what I understand, the 4300 is the updated version of their AIM 4170. After receiving the unit and trying it out, I am more than convinced I made the right choice.

Upon receiving the unit, I downloaded the software from w5big and unzipped it onto my hard drive. I powered up the unit, connected it, launched the software, and ran the calibration procedure. I was expecting a huge learning curve, but to my absolute delight, all of the setup and calibration went flawlessly. Following that, I scanned a 6-meter antenna I've been working on, and it worked perfectly. From out of the box to first measurement was about 15 minutes.

After that, I used the AIM 4300 to tune a broadcast filter from some old junk box parts. I have an AM station less than a mile away, and it's been pesky. Using the 4300, I quickly dialed in a series trap tuned to 1580 KHz.

This unit is much more than an antenna analyzer, and I'm very happy with my purchase. I have always enjoyed tinkering with antennas, and now I have a tool that will help me learn and improve on my antenna projects!

I don't often write such reviews, but I was really impressed with this analyzer, and I felt compelled to share my experience.